Tell me what I need

I'm trying to fix an old cement mixer. I need either some washers with a 1" hole, or a spacer/collar that has the same opening. Where would I look for these things? Local NAPA? Ace? I would like grade five or eight.

And I need to weld cast to steel. Should I just buzz it with 7018, or get some Ni rod and do the preheat and postheat and all that? This won't be taking a lot of stress, just keeping a shaft in line, replacing a wallowed shaft tunnel.

And I have a 13" aluminum pulley that has a one inch hole. It is cracked along two of the legs, and looks like it will break off any time. Because the shaft is so wallowed, I want to buy a steel pulley, and tack it on in line so that it doesn't wobble like the current one does. Any sources? Gonna look locally in the next couple of days.

Steve

visit my blog at

visit my site, leave an e mail, and get a free book!

Reply to
Steve B

A new cement mixer.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

No good industrial supply houses? If not..Napa should be good, followed by Ace (bracccck!!)

I think you should hand forge and beat out a new bearing, cast from a meteorite. You do have one, dont you?

Humm..if not....then Id go with the Ni rod. You CAN make it worse than it is now if you dont do it right. Its simple..but....

What...no aluminum rod? Easy weld..

Now if the shaft is porked..line a new pulley up and weld it on..tack weld it so you can get it back off someday.

Ebay for pulleys along with the usual internet sources.

Also, check here. And Ill check my Stuff. I may..may have a 12 or 13"

Shouldnt be smaller..run too fast.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Whoops....

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Home Depot has 1" galvanized washers. They're with the one inch bolts.

Reply to
kfvorwerk

Ace probably has them.

I would use NiRod with preheat. I used it recently, it was awesome.

McMaster Carr

Reply to
Ignoramus25139

Laughed so hard, I put myself to sleep.

See ya. Well, no I won't, but you know what I mean.

bink!

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

The Surplus Center has them in cast iron for $38.00. Probably more than you paid for the mixer. But check their closeouts, they have numerous small lots of odd pulleys real cheap, you may get lucky and get one close enough.

Reply to
DT