Anybody in California have a 30 ton jack they want to swap something for?

I was setting up my new press tonight..and the jack I thought was 20 ton..was 12 ton.

The press is rated at 30 tons..so anyone got one they want to trade Stuff for? Harbor Freight has em for $80..but I dont have $80 at the moment to buy a jack with.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

That's OK. You also don't have any 32" diameter prop shafts to straighten on that press at the moment, so methinks it'll work on everything else you throw at it.

Silly Rabbi.

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I don't have a 30 ton jack either. I will add my own tangent however. I've got a 12 ton press, and when I misplaced the jack for it I bought a 12 ton air over hydraulic for it. I have since found the original jack. Its has sat in the corner gathering dust for 4 or 5 years now. Air over is awesome when you have work to do, and when I need a little more precise control I can still put a jack handle in it.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

But Larry...yah just never know when someone will bring one in!!!

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Yah..I was thinking about that. Going through the Harbor Freight website and pondering.

But..and I have one..several in fact...but Id need the air compressor running to do anything serious with the press. And with the economy being the way it is...that power bill....cringe. The press will be there after the economy comes back. The power bill comes every month.

I guess Ill simply kick it around, check all the yard sales and whatnot and maybe Ill find an American made big jack for little money.

12 ton will get me by, I reckon.

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Know someone who works for the railroad ? Oilfield ?

Hum. Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Yeah, in TAFT, of all places. ;)

-- We're all here because we're not all there.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Geez louise. If he has people bringing him work, then how does he have so much time for yakking here? And considering that he claims to charge $75 an hour, then why is he broke and wasting multiple hours

*talking* about getting a cheap jack, instead of working for a single hour and buying a new one? Even more to the point - if one can create an alternate reality by posting to Usenet, then why not create a better one?

Wayne

Reply to
wmbjkREMOVE

Lots of oil fields here. Lots of heavy machinery running 24/7

Lots of Heavy Stuff.

Maybe something will turn up

Gunner

I am the Sword of my Family and the Shield of my Nation. If sent, I will crush everything you have built, burn everything you love, and kill every one of you. (Hebrew quote)

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Sun, 22 Aug 2010 14:29:45 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Drill collars - I made a few of them in my day. Okay, I did the preliminary work, which let the next guy bore the 2.5 hole down the centre of the 34 foot shaft. Al Hopper had the joy of turning them OD to ID. All on manual machines, mind you.

From your mouth to God's ear.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich