That damned Tool Farie stikes again

After a Computer crash and the demise of civilization, it was learned Gunner Asch wrote on Mon, 17 Sep 2007

02:54:52 -0700 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

Sounds fair to me. I don't like it, but it sounds reasonable.

pyotr

when I say "I don't like it" that it more on the lines of "I don't like the fact that such things are necessary." In the same category as abortion, divorce and capital punishment, things there would be no need for, did we not live in an imperfect world.

-- pyotr filipivich "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est. " Lucius Annaeus Seneca, circa 45 AD (A sword is never a killer, it is a tool in the killer's hands.)

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

When I wasnt looking, someone stuck a nasty old cast iron table with 2 drill press thngies mounted on it. in my trailer Both the table and the drill thingies say Walker-Turner or some such. Each got one of those 110vt plugs on em.

And while they were at it...they also stuck in something that I dont recognize. Sorta kinda like a grinder thingy. Name plate says Harig Tool Cutter Grinder. WTF? Whats a Harig?

And they put all these plastic wrapped thingies...Indexer? In there with it. There is some sort of accessory thing with an air connection sticking out of the middle of it..and something with a motor and belts. The stuff is all oily and shiney inside the plastic. Something must have leaked.

And a box of wierd ashtray looking round stone things and some flat round things. But they all got holes in the middle, so they wont hold butts worth a damn. Might be pretty good RC Cola soda coasters though....

And a flat thingy with lines running across it. When I put my truck keys down on it..they stuck tighter than a pig. Had to pry em off with a rope .

Would this stuff make good boat anchors? Mighty pretty though...nice shiney paint and stuff. Be a shame to dump em in the creek.

Though..they might look pretty good in the front hard, with flower pots on em.

I asked the guy whose shop I wuz working at about em, he claimed he never saw em before..then mumbled something about needing the space.

Space is pretty big, aint it?

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Wow, You really know how to rub it in.

Simon Shabtai Evan

Gunner wrote:

Reply to
Shabtai Evan

That's really something....aren't most keys brass or some type of non-ferrous metal? But then again, I can only imagine what you may be carrying on your keyring.

Shawn

Reply to
Shawn

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:31:32 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

That happens to you a lot, doesn't it, Gunner? Pobrecito! ;)

What, and have the enviros all over you for harming fishies? DON'T DO IT! Speaking of that, the U.S. gov't is giving us 8 million dollars to remove the local dam. Seems the fish ladders (smooth concrete) harms fish (salmon and steelhead, specifically) who spawn upstream but who have never been damaged by swimming miles and miles over sharp rocks in 3" of water. These enviros, I swear...

Let 'em rust up in your front yard like everyone else does.

Not at your house. Hmm, speaking of which, did you ever find time to look for L6-20x stuff last weekend?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Tighter than a pig???? I didn't know you were from West Virginia Gunner......... :)

I wish the tool fairy would visit me, what do I have to put under my pillow??

Bill

P.S. Of course the TF would have to bring along a bigger shop first...

Reply to
Bill

I feel so sad that some one dumped this trash on you. If'n you put a tarp over things, I'll be over just after the first of the year when I have some vacation time to haul this trash away.

Don't worry about the incredable expense I'll have driving from Michigan to your place, I'll cover it since I'm a nice guy. Just make sure no bad farie gets its hands on the stuff.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

You need a new lock for the trailer?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I found the milk carton. What is it that you need? Sigh..I cant remember the details.

So much to do..so little time.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Michigan?

Hummm...I have a 1961 Indian motorcycle sitting in my Dads garage in Grayling, that Id really like have sitting in my shop here in California. Its possible I could get it down to the Troy/Detroit area...

Perhaps we can help each other out?

Road Trip!!

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Nah..its a flatbed. Id have to build a cage and stuff.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I don't want to get your hopes up. That was a tongue-in-cheek response.

Grayling, Mi is whopping 32 miles from me.

If the company ever sends me for training in California, I'll drop you a line.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

The shop fairies are in a different union. The big problem is that they are all British, and spend all their time in pubs. When they get drunk enough, they have someone turn on their computers and log them into news:rec.crafts.metalworking so they can troll, till they pass out.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It is inside Hawkie's head. In fact, its half vast.

Come on,Gunner! You're know that you're no good atplaying stupid! Look at KKliff, Chicken Hawkie and a few others and you'll see what I mean. They are world class stupid without even trying. They are even stupid while they sleep!

Repeat after me! "Leave stupidity to the experts! Do NOT try this at home!" ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Or just put a hitch on the back to haul a second trailer. How many trailers do you think you could haul in tandem before the Chippies had a hissy fit? ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
JR North

Since I'm only a few hours away, If you go to CA to visit Gunner, I'll go with you. We could drink all his Mountain Dew and play with his toys for a few days. I'd look forward to lessons in .45 calliber. I wonder how long it would take to be asked to leave.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I dont think it will fit in the overhead bin....sigh

Gaylord? I lived there a few years.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

I was wrong though...sigh...its not a Harig. Only the air thingy for sharpening endmills is.

Its actually a KO Lee.

Sigh...front yard for sure.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner

Nah, a bit south of the trout capitol of the world.

Wes

Reply to
Wes