The Acid Test - or What Happens If Guns Become Scarce

On 7/30/2017 2:54 PM, de chucka wrote:

> You have no 2017 data that shows otherwise.
On 31/07/2017 7:55 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

True the latest data I've seen is 2016nwhich showed the continuing downward trend of household gun ownership rates in the USA. Suck it up sunshine the owneship rate is going down If I'm wrong post your figures

You are mixing things here. Yes, the surveys have shown a percentage decrease in the number of households containing guns. That, however, does not show or mean that the total number of households containing guns has dropped. In fact, using data from those surveys, I have shown that the number of guns have increased, the number of gunowners has increased and the number of households containing guns has increased. The only factor that seems to have decreased is the percentage relating to an increasing number.
Suck it up

Already have. You are shifting from household percentages to gunownership percentages and that is NOT what was surveyed.
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On 7/31/2017 9:07 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

Nobody cares about the total number. The only thing that counts is the percentage. As the percentage drops, the strength of the opposition to sensible gun control also drops.

We, pretty much, already have sensible gn control. What more do you want? UBC? Registration? Banning?
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On 7/31/2017 9:41 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

We do not. That's why people like the San Bernardino terrorists and the Orlando nightclub murderer and countless other killers can get guns they shouldn't have so easily.

The

not

stipulation.

the

they

Here is what you snipped:
"What more do you want? UBC? Registration? Banning?"
Notice I asked you how do you intended to do that. I am waiting for your answer.
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On 8/1/2017 8:41 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

You poisoned the well.
You said we already have sensible gun control, but clearly we do not, given the amount of gun crime we experience.

each

in

-
they

does

be

continuing

I think we do. The problem is that all guns do not exchange hands in legal ways. I am asking how you would intend stopping that illegal trafficking in firearms.
but clearly we do not,

Guns don't commit any of that....people do. Now take that thought, apply to what I asked you above and what post answer you present.
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On Wed, 02 Aug 2017 15:06:09 -0500, LO AND BEHOLD; "RD Sandman
importance and subsequently decided to freely share it with us in

death penalty for anybody caught with an illegal gun should solve that problem.
isn't that the sort of logic that leads you to think that you need a personal gun arsenal: so you can deter someone trying to steal your lawn ornaments late at night with a potential death sentence?
seems legit.

we should start executing gun owners who can't be bothered to follow the law.
it's quite simple, really...
--
THIS SPACE FOR RENT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB6B8jGSdLA

"Your Friendly Neighbourhood Puppy Whistle Holder Emeritus??"
wrote:

Wonderful, but I sort of though the problem was violent crime....not the means used.
Further, I believe that is effectively the punishment for members of the Mexican cartels and doesn't seem to keep them from having guns....and using them to kill lots of people.

No, that would be YOUR sort of thinking.
On 8/2/2017 5:07 PM, Scout wrote:

Easy access to guns - the means - enables people more easily to commit violent crime. We've been through this before. If I want to paint my house and I have a box of Q-tips, I'm not going to try to paint my house. If I have access to a paint sprayer, I'm more likely to do it. Some punk who wants to rob a liquor store and has only his fists probably won't try it. If he can easily get a gun, he's more likely to do it.
On 8/3/2017 9:07 AM, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> Yet it has not yet sunk into your head that in the USA easy access to guns has not resulted in more violent crime.

> If you have access to paint, you also have access to paint brushes and paint rollers. It's obvious, except perhaps to you, that there wouldn't be much of a market for paint without the means to apply the paint. And if you can afford the paint you also can afford a paint brush or roller.
On 8/7/2017 2:17 AM, Just Wondering wrote:

It has, you liar.

Probably some....due more to opportunity versus the guns being the cause.
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On 8/8/2017 7:23 AM, RD Sandman wrote:

Lots. Our rates of violent crime are higher across the board than any other OECD country, *because* so many of them are committed using guns.
People do more of something when it's easier to do, and guns make violent crime easier and less risky for the perpetrator.

Judy, Judy, Judy. I see little hope for you in understanding the problem. You still haven't stated what gun control laws you think would fix things.
--

RD Sandman

If you see a bomb technician running....
On 8/9/2017 12:40 PM, RD Sandman wrote:

I understand the problem perfectly well. It's too easy to get guns, and as a result our violent crime rate is higher than it would be if guns were harder to get. Guns don't cause people to want to commit violent crimes, but once people formulate such thoughts, easy access to guns means they are more likely to commit the crimes.
On 8/9/2017 1:45 PM, Rudy Canoza wrote:

> You mispercieve the problem, so you don't even ask the right questions and can't possibly hope to suggest the right answers. You actually understand nothing. Either that, or you've become a degenerate troll.
On 8/9/2017 4:58 PM, Just Wondering wrote:

No, I don't. I perceive - 'ei', idiot, not 'ie' - the problem with perfect clarity.