The Gravel Pit Blog

Hi just wanted to plug my metal casting blog I'm writing as part of my Visual Arts degree course in New Zealand. As I'm the only 'caster in my school at the moment and have to make it up as I go along I would appreciate your feedback and advice posted in the comments section of my blogs. I'm also interested in toolmaking and want to start this year on a gingery style lathe. Take a moment and check it out at

cheers gregg

Reply to
greggspen

Very interesting project. Wish I had the time and energy to do something like you are doing. By the way, you may find a spray adhesive at an art store that will not destroy the foam and will not wet the paper. I used some several years back to attach large posters to foam board for display. You do have to lay the paper down without wrinkles, however.

Best of luck with your project. Paul in Central Oregon

Reply to
co_farmer

Thanks for the tip and for having a look. I count myself lucky to be able to work on my hobbies everyday and justify it as education. Enjoy your coming summer Gregg @ the bottom of the planet

Reply to
greggspen

You are not alone down there ... check out the yahoo group called castinghobby . Pretty sure I've seen posts from others down under .

Reply to
Snag