The "not invented here" syndrome

What a thread from hell...

Ignoramus16482

snipped-for-privacy@spamcop.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000hsf.googlegroups.com:

Aaahhh, but we DO!

And that's the flaw - we have been treating them the way that WE would like to be treated and NOT the way that THEY have shown that THEY would like to be treated.

Since they have demonstrated that they DON'T want to be treated as we would, it's only kindness, to them, to treat them as they WANT to be treated. If this means that they have done to them what they have done to others then this can only be considered kindness on our part.

Reply to
Eregon

"Ed Huntress" wrote in news:3qYoh.34$X24.9 @newsfe11.lga:

Yeccchhhh!

That's even lower than "Bevis & Butthead".

No wonder, then, that you're unable to appreciate George & Gracie.

OTOH, I used to enjoy the occasional segment of "Pinky & The Brain" - especially since, at the time, my supervisor and his boss were, thus, epitomized.

In case you're unfamiliar with them, they're two white mice in a laboratory who continually attempt to "take over the world". As the theme song says: "One is a genius, the other's insane".

Reply to
Eregon

Lew Hartswick wrote in news:qFYoh.9313$w91.1245 @newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net:

It sure beats the alternative...

It's also the badge of a true survivor.

Reply to
Eregon

John wrote in news:45A454AE.E59D2A81 @intergrafix.net:

"The Texaco Star Theater"

Reply to
Eregon

"I sentence you to death for your crimes against society. Bailiff, you may shoot him, now."

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Gunner wrote: ...

I remind you that Germany and Italy on December (11?), 1941.

Plainly your 10% and 90% figures are wrong, probably you just made them up. Togetehr they account for 100% of the US military but obviously some of the US military stayed stateside and some was already deployed in the Pacific, Asia, and the Atlantic.

Indeed, 2 1/2 years ago, in preparation for elections, Hamas halted attacks on Israel and Israel reciprocated. Hamas then won a majority in the Palestinian Parliament. Both sides have since taken hostages, and that cease-fire has not stopped Hamas from fighting gun battles with the rival Fatah organization but the cease-fire with Israel continues. Whether that step forward is to be followed by two steps back remains to be seen.

AH, yes, Hussein had such a close relationship with those two that he murdered one of them. Guess it is a shame he didn't also have a close relationship with bin Laden.

Yes, no question that Iraq was sponsoring violence against Israel or that violence against and support for Israel is the major matter around which most of the current problems revolve. An oft-suggested solution, to drop all support for Israel is not, IMHO, acceptible.

And THAT is the game we must stop playing. There are no good murderers, no good war criminals, no good dictators. So long as we keep supporting the likes of Saddam Hussein, Omar al-Bashir, Musshariff, Mubarak, the House of Saud and others when we find it momentarily convenient we will keep having their ilk thrown back at us and quite frankly we do not deserve peace. I understand the argument that is it is sometimes necessary to make a deal with one devil to get at another, but too often we make those deals for entirely different reasons.

Interesting ho you leave out what he had to say:

"I ordered destruction of all chemical weapons. All weapons - biological, chemical, missile, nuclear were destroyed"

Kind of reminds one of John Asscraft, eh?

I interpret Saddam Hussein's 2002 decision to open up Iraq for inspections and to cooperate with the IAEA and UNMOVIC, along with the absence of an Iraqi Air Force, the obsolecence of the Iraqi Army, and the autonomy enjoyed by Iraqi Kurds since

1992 to indicate otherwise.

Assuming you are not lazy or thought the truth should have bee spooon-fed to you, what excuse do you have for not reading the UNMOVIC and IAEA reports, or the Duelfer report?

Here we agree.

That's the first I have heard that story.

There are number of others written up here:

I don't consider Wikipedia to be authoritative, but then again, the same is true for Usenet articles.

Reply to
fredfighter

Jesus and I disagree.

In which of the Gospels is that described?

As I recall the only earthly punishment Jesus ever participated in was the whipping of the moneychangers in the Temple. And I do not recall him endorsing any others.

Reply to
fredfighter

OOPs. I accidently edited out 'declared was on the US', from between 'Italy' and 'on'.

Reply to
fredfighter

You might disagree, but I think you need to reconsider what Jesus would say.

There's more to the Bible than just the Gospels.

I think you should read Mathew 5:17

Reply to
Dave Lyon

Sure and lots of people who call themselves Christians rely on the rest of the Bible almost to the exclusion of the Gospels. But no other books of the Bible are purported to relate what Christ taught directly by word or example. IMHO, calling anything derived from books other than the Gospels, Christianity, just isn't kosher.

Thanks. I will when/if I can find one of my Bibles.

Reply to
fredfighter

The world stopped for Uncle Miltie. The did a study of water consumption in some city and found that it spiked a little after 9 pm on a tuesday nite.

John

Reply to
John

I was four years old in 1948 when my sisters and I went to the neighbors house at 8 pm on tuesday to see Uncle Miltie. It was only one hour a week and not every week for us. The station was WRGB in Albany NY. the only TV station in the area. We had no tv in the house until we moved to NJ and had a whole seven stations to view.

John

Reply to
John

Either extreme would be an extremist reaction. :)

LOL :)

Reply to
Dave Lyon

I remember the day when the Silvertone, a blond Mah. TV came into our lives. Until that time, we watched TV on a Home brew Dad built in North Carolina while I was younger than 2. By 2, California and the Silvertone - got several stations from SFO area - since we were up in the slew area - another in Oakland.

The screen was larger and not green!

Dad had used a large Scope tube and made a TV.

Martin

Mart> Harold and Susan Vordos wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn