the sexiest aircraft

One of them crashed over one of the stan's in August. The NRO air wing operates out of Biell AFB and Kadina. I'm always amused when someone tells me that an aircraft isn't in service that I have work on recently. None of this is a big secret.

Agreed.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

Exactly, and if you have ever been out there you really know what the middle of nowhere looks like. In fact, you turn North East when you get to the middle of nowhere and then go some.

Reply to
John R. Carroll

What is the sexiest aircraft ? In my opinion SR-71 Blackbird scorespretty>

high....>>

Reply to
David Courtney

IMO

Sexiest for design

  1. Supermarine Spitfire (Nothing but curves)
  2. F4U-4 Corsair
3, P51 Mustang

Cohone Factor (Cause the guys flying it had to have Huge ones)

  1. Fokker Dr1
  2. Sopwith Camel

Because youre all Balls to fly something made of wood wires and cloth with a lawnmower engine in it then make it do aerobatics while putting holes in it and shooting holes into other planes.

Modern planes just dont compare to that

the SR-71 is sleek but its liek the Ferrari Enzo to me sleek fast not sexy.

Hveem wrote:

Reply to
Brent Philion

If sex is a spectator sport the SR-71 will do.

For participation I'll take a Piper cub ;)

Reply to
Nick Hull

I stand corrected

Reply to
Brent Philion

Hard to nail it down to one. :-)

Besides others already mentioned, there's the F-16.

Jim

Reply to
Jim Wilson

In 1965 you could buy a completly re-manufactured P-51 Mustang for $15,000.00. It was a Cavalier 2000. $15,000.00 would also buy the top of the line Ferrari Super America. Of course I only made about $2000.00 a year as an airman 2nd class. The Canaidian Air force sold a whole bunch of T-6 trainers with freshly rebuilt engines for $2000.00 each. Ah for a time machine.

73 Gary Oh yeah the sexiest plane is a B-1 bomber. From a distance it looks like a super sleek fighter but up close you realize just how damn -big- it is.
Reply to
Gary

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 8:49:50 -0800, Hveem wrote (in message ):

Mosqueto gets my vote

Reply to
Roger Hull

WW2 - B29

WW1 - Sopwith Camel

Reply to
bw

On Fri, 13 Jan 2006 12:20:19 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm, Randy Replogle quickly quoth:

Spitfire/Mustang? Yeah, damned good choice. I also like the look (or is it the look plus the concept?) of the old BD-5 pocket-rocket jets.

Movies are on this page:
Corporate home

Reply to
Larry Jaques

This is a tough one. I've seen so many sexy airplanes in 19 years at OSH, I 'd have to pick several in different categories. In the military lineup, fighter sub category, it's a tossup between the Supermarine Spitfire and the North American P-51B, the early model with the turtle back behind the canopy. In the bomber category the B-2 Spirit, no question. Transport category, piston engine, the Lockheed Constellation, in jets, the Concord. Personal airplanes, gotta go with the Beech Staggerwing. In affordable personal sub-category, the Falco. In experimental, the White Knight, the 'Mother Ship' that carried Spaceship 1 to altitude. I could look through 25 pounds of photos and pick some more but these are the ones that got me emotional. Tom, confirmed airhead.

Reply to
Tom Wait

Super Connie

Reply to
Dan Jones

There's one on dispaly at NASA, Huntsville.

Reply to
Robert Swinney

If memory serves, the Super Connie had 27 cylinder engines, the same as those on the B-29. The Super Connie gets my vote for the greatest, short term acceleration, ever felt by this body. When those props "bit in" early on the T.O. roll, It would make you think something was about to break your back . . . from behind.

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

"Hveem" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@telenor.com:

Overall?

I'd have to go with the B49/B35 [jet/prop variants] followed (not necessarily in order) by B-2, the B-70, the TU-144, the Concorde, the Martin B-26, the P-61 "Black Widow", the Supermarine Spitfire Mk. IX, and the ME-262.

Honorable mention to any Bert Rutan design, of course.

Reply to
RAM^3

Dan Jones wrote in news:dq93vr$mhi$1 @ruby.cit.cornell.edu:

Thank you for reminding me - I'd forgotten to list it, myself!

Silky Smooth - both lines and ride!

Reply to
RAM^3

In the modern era, the T-38 gets my nod. For vintage planes, Beech 17 Staggerwing.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Anderson

Up near the top in the non-military general aviation class would have to be the Beachcraft Starship.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

Yes, the Blackbird is definitely sexy. But it's a slightly vulgar, pornstar kind of sexy. Or sexy, but not really beautiful, if you see what I mean. I have never seen one with my own eyes, though, so I may not have seen the light yet.

My personal favorite is the P51-D Mustang. No matter which angle you look at it, no matter if in the air or on the ground, it looks beautiful. And the sound completes the impression. When a Mustang makes a high speed, low fly-by, I literally get shivers down my spine.

Reply to
Robert Roland