The shortage or lack of 4130N plate

Have you heard about the shortage of 4130N plate? Is it a rumor or is the
manufacturer not going to produce any more? Next question what would be the
alternative material to use? I haven't called down to Dillsburg but over on
rec.aviation.homebuilt there is a claim they don't have any. Seems hard to
believe that this material would drop off the market.
Ebby
Hatz Classic
Reply to
Ebby
--More likely the Chinese bought it all B4 it could come to market.
Reply to
steamer
The Chinese don't have much use for steel of that quality. And since we do not produce steel over here any more, getting any kind of high quality materials is going to get progressively more difficult unless the Chinese find a compelling need to make it and make it right.
Reply to
nospam.clare.nce