The shortage or lack of 4130N plate

Have you heard about the shortage of 4130N plate? Is it a rumor or is the manufacturer not going to produce any more? Next question what would be the alternative material to use? I haven't called down to Dillsburg but over on rec.aviation.homebuilt there is a claim they don't have any. Seems hard to believe that this material would drop off the market.

Ebby Hatz Classic

Reply to
Ebby

--More likely the Chinese bought it all B4 it could come to market.

Reply to
steamer

The Chinese don't have much use for steel of that quality. And since we do not produce steel over here any more, getting any kind of high quality materials is going to get progressively more difficult unless the Chinese find a compelling need to make it and make it right.

Reply to
nospam.clare.nce