Tig shielding gas

The purpose of shielding the weld area is to prevent air from contacting the weld puddle and the electrode. A vacuum would be ideal. My idea is to get a very large amount of vacuum, pressurize it, and fill a cylinder with the pressurized vacuum and release it the same way you would use argon. If a user uses a large amount, they could condense the vacuum into liquid vacuum for efficiency. Dixon

Reply to
Dixon

Great idea! I frequently freeze boiling water. I often have a use for hot water, like making a cup of coffee.

Nick

Reply to
Nick Mueller

I can't tell if you have no understanding of vacuums or physics, or if this is just a troll. "Liquid vacuum" ?

Vacuum welding is a commercial process, generally with lasers or electron beam. I remember having one guy tell me about a TIG process using vacuum, robotic welding in a vacuum chamber.

Richard

Dix> The purpose of shielding the weld area is to prevent air from contacting the

Reply to
Richard Ferguson

Will I need new flow gauges or will my current ones work ok?

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

We are still a month and several days away from April 1!

cheers T.Alan

Reply to
T.Alan Kraus

They'll work fine, just remember to connect them backwards ;-) Martin

Reply to
Martin Whybrow

This is, in essence, what is done now using air-gone.

Reply to
Don Foreman

If I recall correctly, pressurizing a vacuum changes Einsten's law from E=mC² to E=M²c

Reply to
Jerry Wass

commits suicide"

Has anyone tried using CO² with a tig ??---my guess is that it would dissociate in the intense heat.--Shore wood be cheaper tho...

Reply to
Jerry Wass

Is this why I can weld better during stormy weather?

Wes

Reply to
clutch

Pressurize a vacuum? Any fool knows that you can't do that. At any temperature higher than -21.7° Absolute, pressurizing a vacuum results in creating an anti-vacuum, and we all know what that leads to.

Reply to
42etus

Reply to
JR North

I suspect you've been huffing something, but I don't think it's vacuum, pressurized, liquefied, or cylinderized.

Reply to
Gary Brady

I've got a bottle of Liquid Vacuum to sell. You cant open it though or the air will rush in and then it will just suck =)

Reply to
Brent

I faced a similar problem one time, out in the garden. There were some ripe cherries at the top of the tree. Couldn't reach them with my ladder, so I bent over, picked myself up by the ankles and raised myself to the cherries. Held on with one hand, and picked the cherries with the other.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

I bought a can of that stuff just the other day. Got a can of Whoop Ass while I was there.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

sweetened, or unsweetened?

Reply to
Jon

did you bother to bend over and kiss your...

:)

Reply to
Jon

Right..reverse the check valves. Got it!

Gunner

"Liberalism is a philosophy of consolation for Western civilization as it commits suicide"

- James Burnham

Reply to
Gunner

commits suicide"

I have.

You can watch the electrode evaporating.