Tile saws and sharpening stones

Has anyone used a tile saw to slice up a sharpening stone? Somewhere I have two pieces of a soft arkansas stone that I'm considering trying to carve into some custom shapes for sear polishing and other applications. The price of small stones in various shapes is fairly high relative to the price of a larger stone.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

I've used a cheap HF tile saw blade to slice up ferrite (magnetic material) which is probably harder than a soft arkansas stone. No problem.

Also, have a look at these inexpensive diamond blades:

Don Foreman

You should have no problem at all cutting the stones with a diamond saw and plenty of water. You might even be able to rough shape them by using the blade like a grinding wheel.

Reply to
beecrofter