Tips needed for machinig Inconel 625

I've been struggling to find the right combination of tooling, speeds, and feeds for turning Inconel 625. I'm barfeeding 1/4-5/8 material through a
Hardinge Conquest GT. We call it Inconhell.
Have you tried Kenmemetals KC7310 inserts, high positive sharp edges are required. I have used them on Inconel 718 with good results.
Matweier wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com says...

This stuff work hardens like nothing I've seen. I use a conventional coated endmill about 60 sfm. I like a chip load of about .005 per tooth. Even keeping things moving, it's still a bitch. Turning I use a carbide insert positive rake. I hone this insert till it's extremely sharp. Watch your tool overhang, don't hesitate in the cut. I've had best luck taking a pretty heavy cut. This works "fairly" well. Keep things as ridgid as you can. Good Luck!

Check the recommended speeds and feeds at the bottom:
http://www.hightempmetals.com/techdata/hitempInconel625data.php4
Gunner
Liberals - Cosmopolitan critics, men who are the friends of every country save their own. Benjamin Disraeli
says...

speeds, and

In the last century, I was involved in cutting a lot of Inconel, and the things that worked were carbide cutters, configured and used to the spec, and Cool-Tool lubricant.
Disclaimer: This information, like the informant, may be out of date.
Hth, Fred Klingener
Very stiff setup. Slow speeds, very high feed rate and lots of cooling. Soluble oil works better than cutting oil. Sharp tool with lots of relief. I prefer HSS over carbide to reduce tool drag and heat. M42 or equivilent. Lots of Cobalt. Good luck. Steve

and