Titanium Fuel Bottles

To: alt.machines.cnc, rec.crafts.metalworking, rec.backcountry

From: Newsgroups: rec.backcountry Sent: Tuesday, March 29, 2005 11:14 AM Subject: Re: Titanium Fuel Bottles

> Frank Schmidt wrote: >> Anyone know where I can find a .8 liter titanium bottle for my MSR > Dragon >> fly??

AS you see snipped-for-privacy@cox.net (Frank Schmidt) is looking for a source of Titanium Fuel Bottles, of the design of the MSR Fuel Bottles.

See:

The aluminum bottles are available at any local backpaking store, for $10 to $15.

If anyone can provide an estimate or proposal to Frank Schmidt, perhaps, you can solve his problem. Since there is a shortage of supply, perhaps there is a market demand, for more titanium fuel bottles, so you can sell them on Ebay.

What do you say? What'll it cost to spin them out on a lathe?

:/

Reply to
Halcitron

To spin Titanium you need to heat the material to the superplastic range. Can be done, but not readily by the HSM.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

And weld the neck and threads on?

I doubt Harley riders are worried about weight.

Ed Huesers

Ed Huesers

Whats the wall thickness??probably can be spun on a cnc spinning machine in one piece and leave enough material in the neck to thread.

We build custom spinning controls and have seen all types of material spun cold.

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Good idea. You can buy one of the aluminum style and cut it open.

See:

The aluminum bottles are available at any local backpaking store, for $10 to $15.

material

Reply to
Halcitron

You are 100% correct

Regards

Daveb

Reply to
DaveB

Cliff wrote:

Naw, it's just the first time I ever heard it reffered to as "outta billet" was from a Harley guy when I made him an adapter for a break caliper. Probably in 77. I've only seen the real billet come by on trucks or trains.

Ed Huesers

Ed Huesers

Why would some one buy a Titanium bottle? There are many stainless steel available just as good for storage, camping, hiking etc.... Would some one worry about the weight, it would come to consideration if used for transporting lot of them. But than aluminum is much cheaper to use. Gee! JS

Reply to
Szaki

For the same reason people buy "billet" stuff. NEVER overestimate the common sense of the average consumer.

Gunner

Gunner

Wonder when Bob and Mary Schindler are going to pay us taxpayers back the many millions, if not billions of dollars they owe us from their pathetic, almost decade long escapade?

Reply to
Nocturnal Dragon

Probably about the time the Kennedys, Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and the Liberals with their unfunded mandates, property siezures and anti middle class laws pay us back.

Dont hold your breath.

Gunner

Gunner

stainless steel

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50 months into the biggest unfunded mandating Administration ever (and it's GOP rubber-stamp Congress) and this brain-dead loser is whining and sniveling and pouting about "libruls", and like a typical brain-dead dipshit manages to stupidly pin acts of Congress and the executive branch on two individuals who have never been part of either.

Bush must be laughing his ass off, happily setting records for foisting responsibilities on states and cities and demanding that they foot the bill, all the while knowing that his slavishly obsequeious lackeys will endlessly cry and wail, "Libruls, libruls, libruls!"!

Snivel on, loser ...

Magpie

Reply to
i_am_the_magpie

Which unfunded mandate are you talking about? The No Child Left Behind Act? (also known as the Liberal Education Accountability Act)

Really want me to start naming off leftwing unfunded mandates? I can you know...Starting with that rat bastard Demonrat Lyndon Baines Johnsons Great Society..and going from there.

Remember the Republican Revolution in 1994? It was after busting the

40 yr lock the Demonrats had on Congress that they passed the Unfunded Mandates Reform Act of 1995. As a direct result of the obscene numbers of unfunded mandates the Left forced on the states.

Its about time that the Feral Government started handing back to the States their rights and duties.

btw....did you read the California audit about medical care to illegal aliens that came out this week? Seems that the state is giveing a few hundred million dollars more treatment to illegals than federal law requires.

Guess who is pissing away the taxpayers money...it sure aint the conservatives...not in LA...snicker

Loser? Snicker..Kerry lost. Algor Lost. You lost. And you are going to lose again, and again, and again...because the People have figured out you Lefties have nothing left to offer.

Deal with it.

Condi in '08

Gunner

Gunner

i_am_the snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote in news:1112492909.395691.131060 @f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com:

Name some of the unfunded mandates. They are as best as I can remember No Child Left Behind, tougher environmental laws, clamp down on illegal immigrants, provide health care for the uninsured, and fix the voting systems. Did I miss any? The libs favorite seems to be the "No Child Left Behind" act. Left to these complaining idiots, we have had years of kids with learning disabilities being shuffled through school recieving little or no education unless you want to battle the school district in court. Now school districts are actually required to educate them. Boo frickin hoo. Why should the federal government pay for a mandate that requires that ALL kids get an education? The cost should be paid by the local communities. After all that's where the kids live, right? The act also leaves it up to the local community whether or not they want to comply. If they don't want to provide an education for EVERY kid, they can simply stop accepting federal money. Simple. Here's a link that you might find enlightening.http://www.wrightslaw.com/nclb/ The No Child Left Behind Act is good law. But Bush haters don't care about disabled kids as far as I can tell. Here's a quote for you from Gerald Connely (D) Virginia complaining about his state having to round up illegal immigrants, comply with tougher evirnmental laws, and actualy have to educate children, (the horror of it all):

["You're asking local taxpayers to bear the burden of your good intentions," Connolly (D), also president of the Virginia Association of Counties, told members of the House Committee on Government Reform. "Anything you make us do that you don't fully fund is an unfunded mandate." ]

Idiot. The costs are created locally they should be paid for locally. Maybe people would pay more attention to what's going on in their own communities if they lose federal funding because the schools aren't educating all of the kids. Let the locals pick up the tab for clean air and water, and they might be more interested in the big polluters in their town. Idiots like Connely think that there is some big money tree that can be shook in Washington and free money falls off of it. The reality is that much needed money is drained away from urban areas and redistributed to suburban and rural ones when mandates are "funded" by Washington.

Reply to
D Murphy

Well you sure missed the boat on *that* one. Didn't you hear, your prez and tom delay are gonna start impeaching state judges because they don't toe the washington line?

Sounds like the federal goobermint is outa control *again*.

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

Actually, you are (again) wrong. The judges in question, are out of control and making law, which is NOT their duty...and in fact is contraindicated.

Its called making them toe the law..and making them accountable for their actions.

Gunner

Gunner

Cliff wrote in news:5imv41t8sbdbotgladp2f6mjcpg57r2qsi@

4ax.com:

It's got nothing to do with paying. IIRC, if you take any federal money, say aid, grants, or Medicare, your hospital can't turn away the uninsured. Unless you're willing to lose the federal money and pay back some of what you've recieved. Whether or not the uninsured patient can or will pay is another matter. Hence it's an "unfunded mandate" in the eyes of the Dems.

Reply to
D Murphy

Titanium?

*giggle*