Toaster update!

Don (Thanks Don!) sent a link for this model and it seems to fit my requirements. It's 40% faster and a beefy 1200 watts. But I found a better source than $46 + S&H. I'll have to download the latest drivers for it though.

Buerste

Glad to see you were joking about latest drivers. I had to look to make sure you weren't serious about that. Never know when this will really happen, and the only toasters on the market have LCD screens, network jacks and cost $1000. I'm certainly no luddite, but I'm not ready for computers in simple kitchen appliances.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

It says, 'OUT OF STOCK'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Don't laugh. My wife & I just ecently bought an LG front loading washing machine. We decided to pass on the top of the line modle with the ethernet connection. It can be programmed to send you an email when the laundry is done.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I'd rather have it fold and hang. Email is a gimmick.

Wes

Wes

And they'll all die with the first couple of power bumps, just like my coffee maker, electronic phones, electronic fluorescent ballasts (yeah, got the lot of them) and anything else that isn't tied down. Fortunately, the dishwasher still lives, as does the propane range, although the self-clean cycle tries real hard to melt the plastic holding the expensive circuit board in place... /mark

Reply to
Mark F

well, I got mine! Not yet, but they charged my card.

Reply to
Buerste

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 15:55:19 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Latest drivers?

That's a deactivated item, Tawm, but $16.99 -would- have been a nice price.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I did get one at that price, one of the last it seems. It's an "open box" so it might have somebody's moldy old English muffins jammed in it. Yum!

Reply to
Buerste

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 07:25:30 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

It means that someone returned it because it didn't work. That's why I never buy the last (and opened) box on the store shelf. Best of luck on it, though. (Either with repair or ingymuff unjamming. If you're lucky, the kid didn't put it back in to warm it with butter and jam already oozing from it.)

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I buy tens of $Ks from Newegg each year and try to get "open box" items. I've never had a problem and the prices are great!

Reply to
Buerste

On Wed, 15 Oct 2008 13:53:45 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

I guess that Newegg doesn't pull the crap that Wally World (or Homey's Despot, etc.) does. That's good to hear.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Check contents carefully. Bought some deck screws the other day. Couldn't find phillips head ones, just some modified torx type. I got near check out when I noticed the box had been cut open. Yup, bit missing. Back to get another box.

Newegg seems solid as a supplier so far. Never burned me yet.

Wes

Wes

Maybe you got the last one?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Maybe. I got it Friday, it was never plugged in. There was a small bit of damage on the box. I works GREAT! Toast in less than a minute! I turned off all the lights in the kitchen and you can almost read in there with just the glow from the toaster.

Reply to
Buerste

On Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:00:25 -0400, the infamous "Buerste" scrawled the following:

Erm, candlelit toastmaking, just you and the toaster in the dark?

Please seek (MORE) professional help, Tawm.

-- "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy." -- Ernest Benn

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Maybe I need a sexual surrogate, I wonder if Kaiser will cover it and if she will be cute???

Reply to
Buerste

The new toasters will have video cameras inside with a tilting, rotating, display on the outside so you can check the doneness of your toast. This will be much easier than bending down and looking through a window. ERS

Reply to
etpm

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 14:33:09 GMT, the infamous snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com scrawled the following:

Call me a Luddite. I either look through the window (I use a toaster oven rather than a toaster) or just sniff or listen. Breakfast isn't ready until the smoke alarm goes off. ;)

-- "The latest documents released this week showed that priests with drug, alcohol and sexual abuse problems continued in the ministry as recently as two years ago. That doesn't sound like a church, it sounds like Congress with holy water." -Jay Leno

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Some good warm syrup (Maple!) along with some pancakes or waffles to soak it up beats toast any day :)

Reply to
Leon Fisk