Tool & Cutter Grinder Repair

I just bought a small KO Lee Tool & Cutter Grinder (model B800-10-51) from a salvage yard. The unit is covered with rust but is otherwise in decent shape.

The inboard way of the longitudinal table is worn some. I haven't measured it but by eyeball I'd say there was a .010" depression in the middle third of the way. This is a flat way. The outboard way is a VEE shape and appears to have no significant difference in shape along the entire length of the bed (about 20").

I've seen small tools that have been braised to replace missing metal. Does it make sense to have someone attempt to braise the inboard way to replace the missing metal (cast iron, I'd guess)? Or should I consider some other repair method?

Thanks for your insight.

Gary

Reply to
grice

Karl Townsend

I have just read the handbook (it doesn't not require registering, just press submit without filling in anything). It reads very promising! Also interesting solutions, not just for repair. Have you used that stuff?

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

I downloaded the handbook, read relevant pieces and decided to contact the company for more info.I sent them a message via their web site on Monday afternoon.

So far I've received no reply. Do these guys only deal with business customers rather than individuals or are they just busy?

Gary

Reply to
grice

I've never had much luck with KO Lee. They've not returned 3 calls I made to them inquiring about parts cost and availability and there were a couple of problems with my only order to them (>$200), though one guy I talked to was pretty helpful. Grant Erwin seems to have had better luck - maybe he will tip you off to his contact.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Henry

Now that you mention it, my message to KO Lee got no response either. But I was actually referring to the moglice company in my previous post.

It's the moglice product line I am (was) interested in. But if they are too busy to respond to a potential customer, I will probably NOT be an actual customer.

Gary

Reply to
grice

google moglice -- there are a bunch of websites. I don't know the minimum order quantities. Every time I have wanted to order an industrial product, the question was always "how many 55 gallon drums would you like?"

see:

a whole bunch more) also see
(turcite)

Unka George (George McDuffee)

There is something to be said for government by a great aristocracy which has furnished leaders to the nation in peace and war for generations; even a democrat like myself must admit this. But there is absolutely nothing to be said for government by a plutocracy, for government by men very powerful in certain lines and gifted with the "money touch," but with ideals which in their essence are merely those of so many glorified pawnbrokers.

Theodore Roosevelt (1858-1919), U.S. Republican (later Progressive) politician, president. Letter, 15 Nov. 1913.

Reply to
F. George McDuffee