Where to get ONE 6-40 machine screw?

Needed for an old sewing machine. It's a listed thread, and I can probably
get a box of 100 from McMaster, but I only need one 3/8 long, binder or
cheese head screw. Any ideas?
Reply to
Bob Chilcoat
Doug White
Reply to
Doug White
Try a hobby shop. Usually sold in pairs... maybe not any more.
Reply to
Wayne Lundberg
Common thread in R/C. Try a hobby shop. May have to buy a few per, but definitely not 100. JR Dweller in the cellar
Bob Chilcoat wrote:
Reply to
JR North
Bob,
Found some weird screws.....just checked, including #6-40 x 1/2" or 3/4" long.
If you bomb out, e-mail me and I'll mail you a few.
If you want them shortened to 3/8" that'll cost a little extra! :-)
Wolfgang
Reply to
wfhabicher
Send me your address. I can send you any of the following.
3/4 NP brass pan hd. 3/4 brass fillister 3/8 rd hd steel
Chuck P.
Reply to
MOP CAP
Try a local hobby shop if possible, a lot of the rc stuff uses small thread stuff like that.
Reply to
James P Crombie
How about Ace hardware? It is a super standard size.
Ignoramus25821
Ive got a small bottle full of them..but they are all much much shorter. Ill check to see if Ive got the die.
Gunner
That's easy.... you're too dull witted to be capable of surprise. What little synaptic ability you do possess is stretched to the limit with life support. If you diverted power to the critical thought processors you'd asphyxiate in a matter of minutes.
George Orwell
Reply to
Gunner
I think you're confusing it with the common 6-32 or 4-40.
Pete C.
Reply to
Pete C.
Pete, yes, you are right.
Ignoramus25821
Speciality drawers on the hardware aisle at Lowes, or maybe Home Depot.
Reply to
Richard J Kinch
Ayup...6-40 and 6-48 are gun screw sizes..and are a bit hard to find. Harder yet to find in anything over 1/4" long.
Gunner
That's easy.... you're too dull witted to be capable of surprise. What little synaptic ability you do possess is stretched to the limit with life support. If you diverted power to the critical thought processors you'd asphyxiate in a matter of minutes.
George Orwell
Reply to
Gunner
A sewing machine repair shop?
Reply to
Roger Jensen
I wa just in a monster ACE hardware store called Marshalls Hardware here in San Diego. Largest sellection of fasteners I ever saw. I was looking for 5-40 x 1.5"nothing even close. 6-32 by the pound 4-40 no problem. 6-40not a single choice. Anyone have 5-40 x 1.5" ???? Check out my favorite local junk yard murphyjunk.com
Reply to
daniel peterman
I can spare you a few of the following in5-40:
1 1/2 rd hd ss 1 1/4 rd hd st zinc 1 1/4 pan ss 1 1/4 fl hd st zinc
Chuck P.
Reply to
MOP CAP
These are better known in most circles as 1/8" stove bolts. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Reply to
Gerald Miller
I could use 4 of each of those bolts/screws. What do you need in exchange? I have some milling cutters and lathe cutters. I'm in San diego. Thanks Dan
Reply to
daniel peterman