Tool Gloat

Answered an ad on Craigslist for a 4' bench grinder for $30. The picture looked like a tool post grinder.Went and looked and it was a tool post grinder, no name. Got home and looked closer, the belt said South Bend Lathe Works. Checked a SB tool catalog and there it was. The original moter had been changed to a 1/4 hp Leeson but it ran fine. It's even SB Gray 90%.

I've never seen a SB grinder before and Ebay has nothing on them....

GRIN

Reply to
Clif Holland

you should change your name! I almost didn't read your post because of "Cliff". Did anyway. Glad you found a good tool. Sometimes you never know what is actually being sold, based on the description. Do you have a "tool post" to mount it on?

Paul, KD7HB Redm> Answered an ad on Craigslist for a 4' bench grinder for $30. The picture

Reply to
co_farmer

Maybe not on the same magnitude as your find, but......

I was at my favorite used tool store, when an older gentleman who was poking through some stuff handed me three items that were taped together with a $1.25 price tag.

He asked me if I knew what they were, and I said I did.

He then asked me if I wanted them, and again I said I did.

They were 1/4", 5/16", and 3/8" Waldren broken tap extractors.

I looked them up in my Enco book and they were listed at more than $10.00 each.

Approximately $40 worth of tools for $1.25.

Reply to
*