Toolmex/ Bison Threading Tool Holders

Anyone use the Toolmex internal and external carbide tool holders with lay down inserts. I was curious how they are adjusted for helix angle when using partial thread inserts. Don Nichols has helped me out on this but I would appreciate some input from anyone who has used them. I was going to buy them from

Thanks, Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

I use carmex brand laydown full profile threading inserts you can order them from the distributor for alot less than msc or travers . Phone

262-628-5030 For helix the holders have an angled shim under the insert just change it to the angle you need. The article below explains everything.

tim

Thanks Tim. I was looking at Vardex inserts at about $15 a piece. Can you give me an idea what you are paying for Carmex inserts from the distributor? Also, do they require a minimum order such as 10 inserts?

Thanks for all of your help. -Steve

Reply to
Sierevello

I used vardex for a while I tryed carmex and could not tell the diferance. I pay $10 a piece for the gold coated inserts I have always bought a full box 10 at a time. But he will mix them up if i want. They also have kits they come with a tool holder and about 10 inserts with different threads per inch,Give them a call ask for Jelf.

Reply to
tim