Traub TB60 cam auto

I have been looking at this lathe, it has a 6 station turret and 4 slides. How does it work for setting the feed on the turret when
tapping and using a diehead. The rest I can figure out with using the cams, plus what should I look for and what questions to ask. Ron

    Hmm ... I'm not familiar with this lathe (it sounds like an automatic screw machine) but with my lathe (bed turret replaces the tailstock, and has no power feed) I do threading with Geometric die heads, which cut to full depth with hand feed, and pretty much control the feed once they start, and once it reaches full length of thread (the stop on the turret stops the advance) the thread feeds the head just a little farther and trips the dog which allows the four chasers (like the jaws in a 4-jaw chuck) to spring outwards and the die head is withdrawn over the still rotating workpiece.
    For large diameter threaded holes (e.g. on camera extension tubes) there are collapsing taps by Geometric which behave similarly except inside out.
    For tapping normal sized holes, the tap is in a releasing tap holder which pulls free of a dog and allows the tap to rotate with the workpiece until you can stop and reverse the spindle to back out of the tapped hole.

    Sounds like you have an intersting toy.
    Good Luck,         DoN.

Ive got (3) Bechler A10s and (1) Bechler AR10 swiss screw machines. All running nicely, very very good condition and available for very very little money.
$1000 gets all 4 machines plus spares, tooling, bar feeders, manuals and whatnot.
http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/ForSale#5337779652064241154 http://picasaweb.google.com/gunnerasch/ForSale #
Located in So. California
And I really really need these gone.
Gunner