Miller Dynasty DX

I ran across a naked Dynasty DX built about 1998 based on the serial number. The owner is asking $1000 for the machine alone, but can sell a WP17 torch and regulator for an additional $100. No foot pedal. That I'd have to find on my own along with an argon tank. Is the price fair for a 12 year old machine? I've never owned a TIG machine before, nor an inverter welder. What to look out for?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

Which Dynasty, 200dx?

Are you completely sure that it works?

Pedals are easy to find or make from other connector pedals.

Ignoramus22564

Ooops. It's a 300. It's, bigger than the usual 200s that I see for sale used occasionally. Hard to know how to price it when it's so old it has knobs instead of push buttons for the adjustments and doesn't come with the accessories that you need to make it work.

I sent the seller and email this evening with that question along with any information on how many hours are on the meter (if it has a meter) and its provenance.

What price?

RWL

Reply to
GeoLane at PTD dot NET

I would be kind of careful with this electronic welder.

Hours can be somewhat ascertained by looking at fan blades to see how clean they are and how worn are the buttons.

I have older Miller pedals, about 7 or so. RFC-23A or something. $50 apiece.

Ignoramus22564

Thanks Iggy. I'll keep that in mind.

RWL

Reply to