Troublesome charger

Several days ago I bought a 3/8 Makita cordless drill. I am very happy with the device with one exception. Whenever I'm charging the battery the charger causes static on my radio and I always listen to the radio when I'm in the shop. What would be the easiest way to correct this? Engineman

Reply to
engineman

If it is primarily 'conducted emission' interference, you could try a 'clamp on ferrite cylinder' on the power cords of both devices.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

See

There's an EMI filter in this power entry block. Use one on the radio and another on the charger.

Reply to
Don Foreman

If you happen to have an appliance times, you could charge the drill when you are not in the shop. Or possibly charge the drill in the house instead of in the shop.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

I've had the same trouble, fixed in my case by shifting radio to a different outlet in the workshop. Noise also lessened by making sure power leads were away from each other.

Reply to
Dennis

try pluging it into a different outlet away from the radio.

John

Reply to
John