Turning a pipe without a lathe

It _is_ stryped, after all. Why do you guys bother?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Several years back I salvaged a couple display stands - think intravenus poles on steroids - one of which I used to convert my bench top drill press to a floor model. The vertical tube was chrome plated and 50 thou too small so I made 0.025" shims for the table and head bores, replaced the 1/6HP motor with 1/3HP and the 3/8" chuck with

1/2". It is still a pretty wimpy DP but more useful than before. Oh Yeah - I filled the thin wall vertical tube with damp concrete mix well compacted, to give it a little more rigidity.
Reply to
geraldrmiller