Ultimate Compliment

They are laying a natural gas pipeline a mile or so south of here. I'm out in the shop this morning when they set of a charge to bust through a solid rock hill. Rattled things pretty good.

A couple of hours later I go inside to lunch. My sweet wife...sniffle, sniffle... asks me what I'm working on. Oh, just some little jobs. Why? "Well, whatever it is shook the hold house!"

Don't you just love it when they acknowledge what you are capable of?

Reply to
andy asberry

ROTFLMAO, the lights dim in the house when I'm up to something , all I get is durty looks , not like I made her squim! Caught a good one did ya?

Reply to
Sunworshiper

Even more of a compliment is that an ambulance didn't show up at the workship within 5 minutes.

Reply to
PhysicsGenius

Anytime I'm working on a "project" my GF won't even come to my house. She says "I'd just be in the way of the medics." Is that a compliment? Reno, Paul

Reply to
Paul

I get "Gee Sweetie, you made a thing!"

Gregm

Reply to
Greg Menke

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:04:18 GMT, andy asberry brought forth from the murky depths:

Wow, you must be well hung. The Earth moved for your wife and you were all the way out in the shop?

------ We're born hungry, wet, naked, and it gets worse from there. -

Website Application Programming -

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Reply to
Roy J

Keep this in your instantly available comeback line:

"I often have that effect on women."

It has served me well.

Reply to
Roger Shoaf

anytime something breaks in the house i fix it: plumbing, electric, a/c, carpentry, masonary... you name it i do it... well we have a concrete slab brick house and the underground sewer drain is broken under the slab.. i get an electric router and come up with mud on the tip... tell the wife about it... she says, "well what you gonna do to fix the pipe under the house" ..... well i hurt my back so i cant do anything to hard right then and there.. so i tell her that as soon as i figure out how to turn the house over to get to the pipe i will just patch it up or replace the pipe.... finally had a crew over to dig for a week to get to the broken pipe... not too much of a one man job...

Reply to
jim

About 15 years ago we had a reasonable earthquake in Cleveland. I had just finished installing a new big air compressor and just started to relax in the office when it hit. The ladies in the office looked at me with dust falling off the rafters and said: "What did you do?"

Reply to
Tom Gardner

A tenant of mine came looking for me a week or two ago, and found me down in my basement workshop. This was the first time he'd seen the shop and he was interested in my setup. He wanted to know what I made with all of my machinery. "Good question," I thought, "What DO I make with all of this stuff?" So for lack of a better answer I told him that I was interested in amateur telescope making, which is what got me into metalworking originally.

Just last night as I was on my way home from work, I stopped at the corner grocery to get a few staples (smokes, coffee) and the guy behind the counter says, "Hey! Is that right you're making a TELESCOPE in your basement?! Joe (the tenant) says you've got a WHOLE machine shop in your basement! That is SO COOL! He says you do EVERYTHING yourself! You even make your own telescopes!"

I began to feel like a local celebrity with the way this guy was going on. Ah the joys of living in a small town! It's impossible to have amnesia around here; you can ask any stranger on the street what your name is and where you live and they'll be able to tell you!

Reply to
Artemia Salina

A friend of mine had just finished rebuilding a car engine, and he went out for a test drive, just at dusk. He had evidently left a nut in one of the cylinders, which resulted in some really bad noise. He pulled over in a residential neighborhood and raised the hood--the nut had made a hole in the piston, and just at that moment he had a crankcase explosion, which blew his aircleaner off. Pretty loud disturbance in a quiet neighborhood. The porch lights started coming on, and people were talking about the "earthquake." He waited quietly until the coast was clear, and then left. When he got home he found out there had actually been an earthquake at that moment.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

I knew Id hit my 15 minutes of fame when the local oil field machine shop owner came over to ask to borrow something..and when he walked into the shop..he just froze, and slowly pivoted around eyes wide. When I asked him if I could help him, he nodded and said "I expect you can"

Lol

Gunner, who still hasnt got his spin indexer back yet..... The two highest achievements of the human mind are the twin concepts of "loyalty" and "duty." Whenever these twin concepts fall into disrepute -- get out of there fast! You may possibly save yourself, but it is too late to save that society. It is doomed. " Lazarus Long

Reply to
Gunner

|On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 03:04:18 GMT, andy asberry | brought forth from the murky depths: | |>

|>They are laying a natural gas pipeline a mile or so south of here. I'm |>out in the shop this morning when they set of a charge to bust through |>a solid rock hill. Rattled things pretty good. |>

|>A couple of hours later I go inside to lunch. My sweet wife...sniffle, |>sniffle... asks me what I'm working on. Oh, just some little jobs. |>Why? "Well, whatever it is shook the hold house!" |>

|>Don't you just love it when they acknowledge what you are capable of? | |Wow, you must be well hung. The Earth moved for your wife |and you were all the way out in the shop?

Must have a good postman Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Gee! I can't recall ever being injured to the point of silence.

Reply to
andy asberry

A city wide blackout at Mon, 2 Feb 2004 21:17:25 -0800 did not prevent "Roger Shoaf" from posting to rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

My Dad had finally gotten to kiss The Girl. Wow, what a kisser! Then he noticed the blinded were swinging, and figured out "an earthquake." "Did the earth move for you too?"

Reply to
pyotr filipivich