STEAM & stuff

This weekend, the Cumberland Valley Antique Tractor Assn will have its annual show at its museum/show-grounds - 5 miles west of Chambersburg, PA on US Rt 30 (the Lincoln Highway) to the traffic light, turn right on Twin Bridge Rd, go @ 1 mile north, show grounds is on left side. No admission fee, just come and have a good time. Coming via I-81, use Exit

16, go west @8 mi from I-81. If from the PA Turnpike from the West, get off at Willow Hill PA State Rt 75, south to US 30, go East @9 mi, left onto Twin Bridge Rd at the light.

They always have a great barbecued (dutch style-vinegar, salt and butter) chicken dinner, ice-cream, flea-market, tools, all kinds of antiques, and stuff.

Parade of antique tractors, steam-traction engines, sawmills, rock-crusher, threshing machine and a real blacksmith shop, entertainment, many displays of hit-and-miss engines, (a number for sale, usually), funnel cakes (these are Authentic - well worth the trial), and a lot more.

Sorry I couldn't get this out sooner, but I didn't know of it until this minute.

Runs Friday 4PM to after dark. Saturday opens around 8-10, to 9 or 10PM - yeah, some of the old hold-outs last till then, after they bank the steam off for the night. Sunday, 10 to afternoon, things usually wind down after the tractor parade after lunch, and a lot of folks begin wrapping up around

  1. There is a tractor parade Sat and Sun.

I'll be working the funnel-cake concession Friday evening. R.C.M-ers, come introduce yourself and get a funnel-cake for 50cents just for introducing yourself.

Flash

Reply to
flash

I'm going through the current topics to hopefully suggest a way to tag valid RCM traffic.

Add RCM: on the beginning of the title line - BEFORE the obligatory OT?

Hang tiugh - keep posting.

Cavelamb

Reply to
cavelamb himself