FS-13" South Bend Finale

Well, for you that followed this post, I thought I would finish the tale.

Put the lathe in the local paper and the first guy that came to look walked into my shop, stood there for a few seconds and said,"Man, that's a nice lathe". Yea, says I, it's a good machine. He then asks me," are ya firm on the price?" Well yea, I said, when you consider everything that goes with it. "Oh, what's that," he asked. So, I proceed to show him the three chucks, face plate, collet set up, steady rest, carraige stop, centers, toolholders etc, when he asks "You mean all that comes with it?"

"Well, sure," I said, "it all fits this machine"

Five seconds later, he blurts out, "I'll take it!"

I hadn't even turned it on yet!

He came over last night with his wife and father in law, and the cash and a engine hoist, and was as excited as a kid on Christmas morning.

He was telling me that he'd been looking for a lathe for awhile, and they were either gone when he called, or real worn out junk that the owner still wanted top dollar. Then he took his FIL over and started to show him the frosting on the ways, and the over all good condition of the machine.

I'm gonna miss that South Bend, but he is gonna give it a good home.

Now, to get my newer Clausing in there and level it up. I'm *almost* as excited as he is!

GW

Reply to
gary wilkin

I'm in Naperville IL. A suburb of chicago. I have FS:

1) QC Craftsman/Atlas 12x36 in very nice condition with stand. 2) Craftsman/Atlas change gear machine in decent condition. 3) Myford ML7 changegear machine in perfect condition.

I am also in the mood to sell

4) Jet mill/drill JMD-18 and stand 5) Enco bench top knee mill

chuck

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood

Chuck, aren't you the gent who used to work with the esteemed steve roux - and who wound up with my old sloan and chase milling machine?

Jim

jim rozen

Nope. Don't have a clue who that is. But I will still sell you a lathe! chuck

Reply to
Charles A. Sherwood