Unusual press

Has anyone seen a press like this

Here is a picture with the plate removed and a clearer view of the ways and base of the screw.
I am just trying to find out where it comes from and what it was used for.

I am going to reconfigure it so that I can use it as a fly press wither in the horizontal configuration that it is now or in a vertical configuration.

Reply to
Geoff

It looks like one quarter of a four-slide, which I guess would make it a one- slide . This page has an animation of a four-slide in action...

Some typical parts...
Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons