uses for Lincoln tombstone welder

Just inherited a used, but functioning, Lincoln buzz box. Needs electrode holder, but thats an easy fix. I rarely do any stick work and am curious what I could potentially put this to use doing.

A spot welder would be nice, but I think the transformer is sized totally wrong (unless I'm misunderstanding the principle)

So what is this thing good for beside the obvious?

Thanks,

Vin

Reply to
vlocci

Where are you located?

You can add a Readywelder and run wire, I hear. readywelder.com

I have a nice Miller spotwelder if you're looking for one.

Grant Erwin Kirkland, Washington

Reply to
Grant Erwin

I hope you don't need it for this, but they work well for thawing pipes.

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

This comes to mind:

and this if you happen to have the AC/DC version:

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

One worked real good as a prop in "Home Alone" -- I almost soiled my diapers I laughed so hard. - GWE

Reply to
Grant Erwin

commonly used to regulate primary current in a "pole pig" driven tesla coil

Reply to
william_b_noble

But only the 75 amp tap is 100% duty cycle.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Grant, I'm across the country in Boston. What are you looking for for that miller spotwelder?

I might play around with putting togther a wirefeeder of my own, but I've allready got a mig so this gets kinda redundant.

Thanks,

Vin

Reply to
vlocci