vacuum pump from yard sale - what's it good for?

It's some kind of medical suction pump thing.
Nice little 1.6Amp motor, when I turn it on and pinch the suction tube shut
the vacuum guage needle says 27 inches.
First thing I think of is removing bubbles from plaster moulds, but what else could I use it for?
(Ob gloat: $5)
jtaylor wrote:

You and it both suck. Congratulations! :)
Top eight things to do with a vacuum pump:
8) Use with plastic bags to cure composites
7) Science Fair! Collapse cans for the amusement and edification of all
6) Forms the 'vacuum side' of your 'dipstick' oil changer
5) Debubble RTV castings. Use a stainless steel pressure cooker as a chamber
4) With trap and filter, it becomes the 'vacuum side' of your alumimum diecasting mold
3) Use with a trap and filter to suck solder off of PCBs during component replacement
2) Bag guest pillows in plastic- pull air out, Viola! stores in 1/2 the space
1) Give it to ME!
--Winston
calmly ranted:

0) use it as a clamp to epoxy laminated parts together. http://www.joewoodworker.com/veneering/welcome.htm
-1) Give it to Larry Jaques. Got my address? I'll even help with the shipping if necessary. ;)
-- Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life. ---- --Unknown
Larry Jaques opined:

(Snip)
-2) Don't listen to Larry, jt. I wanted it first. I'll pay the *entire* shipping fee. :) (Very cool information on that woodworking site, Larry.)
--Winston

According to the various spams I get, you can also use it for a penis enlarger and a nipple stretcher.
Gunner
"At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosphy of sniveling brats." -- P.J. O'Rourke
Gunner wrote:

(Snip)
Would y'all be shocked to learn that don't work?
http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/topics.do?topic=sss
--Winston

Ive got a video around here someplace where they were using it as a nipple stretcher.... seemed like the gal was having a good time.
<G>
Gunner
Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry
Heheh.. reminds me of a picture I saw years ago, where the lady (?) had a pair of mousetraps attached to them.
WB ..............

are

Damn right. I must have bought half a dozen machines and sets of pills and I swear that three of them didn't work!
Mark Rand RTFM

shut
[I doubt this will work very well for removing bubbles from plaster. You really need to boil it at room temperature for that, and this requires 29" hg. At 27", you're actually creating more bubbles than you're getting rid of. It might be good for something, though - maybe a mini vacuum clamp?]
Andrew Werby www.unitedartworks.com

You can fixture flat parts for machining 5 sides at once. I make a lot of small parts that way. For instance, I can suck the flat side of a heatsink extrusion down to a fixture, and machine the fins. Or small plastic parts, sucked down, and machined. No good way to grab them in a vise, and trim all four sides off.
Pete

shut
Take a small mason jar and add a nipple to the top to fit to your vacuum hose. The jar serves well to remove moisture from guages, watches etc.
Ivan Vegvary
I've got a couple of these that were used on ambulances, I guess. Rechargeable battery packs for portable/field use. I think one unit has an air outlet port.. inflatable splint, maybe?
What do EMTs suck out of people? Pump stomachs of drug OD or poisoned patients?
The containers aren't very big, about the size of a coffee-maker pot (maybe 2 litre), and use plastic bag liners with volume scales on them.

shut