Valve to fill additional compressed air tank

Very nice. So, you buy a rebuild kit and change the old parts to new?

Ignoramus24359

WTF? What a strange question, Ig. Let's see, are you referring to the air end which stores the air, or the air end which compresses the air, or the air end which dispenses the air? The air is global, it's ubiquitous in the tool, duuuude.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

The air end in a screw compressor is the pump, that contains two counter-rotating screws.

Ignoramus24359

I figured that, but couldn't believe it, having just seen your pics on the innards of said air end on your site.

You also answered my next question, thanks. I'll move on and see if you answered my RPM question, too.

Ouch!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

They just repurposed a Roots Blower for higher pressure. Simple, but close tolerances.

Hey, remember those close tolerances. You don't want it wearing out quickly on you, you've got to use the right lubricant and keep it clean as a whistle inside.

And as always, you have to learn where to buy things - Original manufacturers tend to be cheaper than people buying it second - third

- fourth hand in a supply chain. And marking it up a little more each time it changes hands.

Once you figure out the people that actually make it, and buy in the proper quantities to get a price break, it gets reasonable.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human readable)

The proper grade of bearings is essential, too.

Absolutely. I've heard that a barrel of crude oil is sold an average of 100 times before it gets to the refinery. Talk about @#$%^&* middlemen...

Well, maybe _more_ reasonable.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner Asch on Sun, 22 Dec 2013 13:55:06 -0800 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Ain't it the truth - if something is labled "Marine" "aviation" or some other indication of Specialty, it costs twice as much just to look it up.

pyotr filipivich