Air Cylinder Cycling

I have an air cylinder that I want to use to move a part back and forth at a variable rate. Is there any type of rheostat relay controller that will toggle the air pressure from each endpoint of the cylinder. This needs to be very basic as I am not an electrical engineer. Thanks

Reply to
gtslabs

Since the cylinder that you wish to activate is pneumatic, I would suggest that your power source for activating it, also be pneumatic. Assuming that your cylinder is capable of being activated from either side of the piston, then your system will consist of the cylinder and piston, a spool valve which reverses at each end of movement,a valve for throttling air pressure to the spool and a compressed air tank.

Reply to
Maybe

Since the cylinder that you wish to activate is pneumatic, I would suggest that your power source for activating it, also be pneumatic. Assuming that your cylinder is capable of being activated from either side of the piston, then your system will consist of the cylinder and piston, a spool valve which reverses at each end of movement,a valve for throttling air pressure to the spool and a compressed air tank.

Reply to
Maybe

you don't give a lot to go on, but try searching for "electro-pneumatic pressure regulators"

Reply to
TimPerry

"gtslabs" wrote in news:1138477656.364432.29660 @g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Anthony