Van Norman no 12 oil

What is everybody using for greasing the gears, and what about the oil for the head, it says 600w, any alternatives? It says not to over grease gears for heat build up, how much is the proper amount. Thanks

Reply to
KD

I know there are several of you guys with these mills, what do you use. Thanks

Reply to
KD

I use spindle oil in the head on my #6. It is identical to the head on your #12.

I have some correspondence from Van Norman on the subject that is included on the CD. I'll be getting it into the mail, soon.

Orrin

Reply to
Orrin Iseminger

Orrin, do you have a Paypal account or do you prefer checks?

Reply to
ATP