The mill is great, but the narrator looks so damned RUSSIAN!
Couldn't you have found someone who looks more Bulgarian to narrate?
LLoyd
On 2010-07-24, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I think that I look kind of bulgarian

Oh, NO! The fact that you keep mayonaise in your _workshop_ gives it away!
(I never ate so much mayonaise in 48 hours in my LIFE than when my daughter-in-law came over to visit!)
LLoyd
On 2010-07-24, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

where is she from?
The jar with mayo is in the video for a better visual reference to the spindle, so you can better see the table move. I do not have any beer cans at home, they would fit in perfectly.

The only Bulgarian I ever met was a wonderful, sweet, old lady. Passed away a few years ago. You look nothing like her!
I though you were going to show us a program that took the lid off the jar. Do you have plans to make the mill operate a hand crank coffee grinder like someone here did a few years ago?
Good job on the machine and program!
Paul

She is a Moscovite -- still.
Regardless of what you were using it for at the time, had someone spilled it on the mill, I'm guessing you'd have eaten the mill but for one thing -- it's Hellman's, so, not "runny enough".<G>
For the rest... this is sort of an insider's joke about Russian culinary art.
LLoyd
On 2010-07-24, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I am a Moscovite as well.

rotflmao
I may make some chips today. I have some rubber sheets that Mike Henry gave me, I will use one as a skirt for the mill.

Hmmm giant contractror 3ml bags! with large rubber bands to Holdzem tight <g>

It moves, and doesn't buzz at stop, but I have not yet milled anything on it. It is, however, in really nice shape. Perhaps not as good as yours, but the fishscale is still visible on all surfaces -- just not "super bright" like yours. The automatic lube system works fine; it has flood and mist accessories, too. And it's still on the original electronics. The EMC^2 conversion has to wait.
I run the spindle (which is the only 3-phase item on it) on a VFD, and run the rest on single-phase. A few re-pinnings of the transformer leads was all that was required in addition to the VFD "insertion". It's been sitting, kind of waiting to go to work, for over a year.
I have this fuse spinning machine I must finish re-furb'ing first. I'm _still_ working on that constant-torque takeup spool solution. My first "fix" fixed all the visible problems. But another showed up during a run, so I'm hard at work building my own hydraulic constant-torque solution.
LLoyd
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:31:18 -0500, Ignoramus7608

Actually ..he does. If he was approaching with an umbrella..Id be reaching for my side arm......
Gunner

Maybe you are reaching for yrou side arm every time someone farts too loudly
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:55:01 -0500, Ignoramus7608

Only Bulgarians. If they have umbrellas.
Im allergic to ricin.
Gunner

................. Slowvak,Bohawk, Polack.... all same .................. strong like bull
On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 19:31:18 -0500, Ignoramus7608

I thought you'd lost weight...
-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711
On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 19:49:50 -0700, Larry Jaques

Owwwwww! Slap shot!
Cold dude...really cold.....chuckle
Gunner

No, not... Iggy lost 50lb; methodically.
LLoyd
On Sun, 25 Jul 2010 12:46:11 -0500, "Lloyd E. Sponenburgh"

I and Larry were both making jokes.
Comrade Iggy is looking pretty good based on pictures of him from several years ago.
Gunner
Gunner Asch wrote:

I know I was never in such good shape as a few years ago when I hand-scraped the bed of my 15" Sheldon lathe. Since it was a super-hardened bed, I had to grind it with a die grinder and polishing wheels. That took about 20 months. Then, I put Moglice on the carriage and had to hand scrape that in. This required flipping the carriage casting over about 300 times, it weighed over 100 Lbs.
Climbing all over a machine can be good exercise, too.
Jon
On 2010-07-25, Lloyd E. Sponenburgh <lloydspinsidemindspring.com> wrote:

I lost 50 lbs 7 years ago, and since then gained about 28.