Video of my Bridgeport milling machine running under Linux

On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 23:54:30 -0500, Ignoramus7608 wrote the following:

And replace that XY jog boot.

-- Exercise ferments the humors, casts them into their proper channels, throws off redundancies, and helps nature in those secret distributions, without which the body cannot subsist in its vigor, nor the soul act with cheerfulness. -- Joseph Addison, The Spectator, July 12, 1711

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It had Y movement, it was just hard to see due to camera angle. The jar with mayonnaise was supposed to help see the movements better.

Ignoramus8473

On Sat, 24 Jul 2010 21:53:40 -0500, Ignoramus8473 wrote the following:

Oh, that explains it. I wasn't counting the Bulgarian X and Y servos.

-- It is pretty hard to tell what does bring happiness; poverty and wealth have both failed. -- Kin Hubbard

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Owwwwww! Slap shot!

Cold dude...really cold.....chuckle

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

No, not... Iggy lost 50lb; methodically.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I and Larry were both making jokes.

Comrade Iggy is looking pretty good based on pictures of him from several years ago.

Gunner

One could not be a successful Leftwinger without realizing that, in contrast to the popular conception supported by newspapers and mothers of Leftwingers, a goodly number of Leftwingers are not only narrow-minded and dull, but also just stupid. Gunner Asch

Reply to
Gunner Asch

I know I was never in such good shape as a few years ago when I hand-scraped the bed of my 15" Sheldon lathe. Since it was a super-hardened bed, I had to grind it with a die grinder and polishing wheels. That took about 20 months. Then, I put Moglice on the carriage and had to hand scrape that in. This required flipping the carriage casting over about 300 times, it weighed over 100 Lbs.

Climbing all over a machine can be good exercise, too.

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

I lost 50 lbs 7 years ago, and since then gained about 28.

Ignoramus1880