video of tiny 12 cylinder diesel

Friend sent this to me, and I thought some here would like it:

----- Regards, Carl Ijames

Reply to
Carl Ijames

"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I wasn't sure so I figured I'd post the link and let everyone chime in on whether it was really running or not.

"Carl Ijames" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news4.newsguy.com:

It's wonderful work, but it appears to be a compressed-air motor, not burning fuel.

I know a fellow who built a real, running, fuel-guzzling V8 smaller than your palm. And... it actually runs quite well.

Lloyd

Reply to
Carl Ijames

My favorite: "Homemade Supercharged Miniature V8 Engine Model Running"

Makes a beautiful sound!

Reply to
Dennis

He should put it in a chain saw. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Martin Eastburn fired this volley in news:N7Zur.346198$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-13.dc.easynews.com:

I don't get that.

I have a nice 4-stroker in a .61 size. It's got as many parts as a diesel, and its running life is rated in hundreds of hours at power.

None of the model engines have extremely long lives, but I've not seen a decent brand that wasn't good for over 100 hours of useful flight time.

I hope you meant that YOU had a sailplane, and HE had a stinkpot. I'd hate to think of putting a fuel motor on a silent-flight aircraft.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Bob Engelhardt fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news7.newsguy.com:

This guy, Steve Hucks, has the whole thing documented on his web site. All the parts, all the work, and finally the test run, then a "tuned" run.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh