Videos of home brew cnc machine

see

From the land down under, a small shop made combo horizontal/vertical machining center w/ Mach 3 controller.

runs on both M/S Explorer 6.0.2800, Firefox 3.6.2 on my computer.

Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

Ready to make some cardboard cutouts!!!! I wonder why machines are made of cast iron? JS

Reply to
StarDust

========== The primary reason appears to be that they have always been made out of cast iron. Great-Great-Great-Grandad used cast iron because that was what he had. It appears with the advances in materials that polymer concrete is the way to go using relatively light sheet welded metal shells as forms.

IIRC there was a thread on this some time back [like 2001]. Ed Huntress provided a lot of information.

to start see

google on for about 1.6k hits. Unka George (George McDuffee) .............................. The past is a foreign country; they do things differently there. L. P. Hartley (1895-1972), British author. The Go-Between, Prologue (1953).

Reply to
F. George McDuffee

If you want to go to the trouble of logging in a user name, go to

In the demos or videos section, scroll down to "CHNC lathe". That's my machine. 'Course, I was lazy. I started with the nicest hunk of scrap iron, I could find - a dead Hardinge.

Karl

Reply to
Karl Townsend