Walk-in tub

What, you forgot another one of your lies? Too bad for you, the archives remembered.

____________________________

Idiot Wieber: "Perhaps I might consider a pair" ________________________________

Neighborhood number 3

Joints and weight aren't a problem, especially after reaching normal weight about 10 years ago. My problem it that I have slipped in the tub three times now and I found that there in nothing soft to land on in a bathroom. Besides those walk-in look really comfortable. You can continue to use the garden hose like you mom did for you.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I always thought that drinking a lot of water helped, too. But even so, its not so easy if you worked down the street from a smokehouse all those years and you smell all that nice brisket and roasted chicken all the time...

Reply to
bruce2bowser

If it's not joints or weight, then what the hell is it? It isn't normal to be slipping in the tub so often. Duh.

Same as any Japanese style tub, which doesn't have all the complication of a walk-in.

I've always had nice big tubs. No mystery slipping.

You may as well get ahead of the problem and buy one of these.

Neighborhood number 3

Lots of temptations in the world. But lots of sights that should scare people straight as well... like folks walking much the way I have to when I'm carrying a sack of portland in front of my belt buckle.

Reply to
Neighborhood number 3

When we bought the condo, the tub was never used by the previous owners, it's slippery even after i used "tub safe" a commercial product for anti slip. But the skin on my feet is like parchment paper. Besides, what else can I spend my money on? I finally have all the guns and art I want. I had a Hoyer lift for my mother that I cared for for 13 years, they are great for the disabled! I wonder if you could get a mental Hoyer?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Oh c'mon. You can't defeat a slippery tub? Anyway, mine has minimal anti-slip, and I've never fallen. You're leaving something out of this story.

Then wear some thin booties.

Something more interesting to fall off of, and a gopro so you can put the video on Youtube.

Are you sure? I thought folks like you could never have enough dogs playing poker stuff.

Holy shit, Tom Gardner wrote a non-h*mo insult! Tell the truth, did somebody else write that for you, or is it something you plagiarized from your newest Alex Jones DVD?

Reply to
Neighborhood number 3

I use a "rubber"tub mat with suction cups on the bottom, have for years.

Reply to
Gerry

The last time I stepped on one of those, I almost broke a toe and almost died. Y'see, it slid and my other foot tried to come up to balance me, when it hit the side of the tub. If it hadn't come up, I would have fallen in the tub and could have died. I hate those bloody things. They're downright dangerous!

Here's a picture everyone needs to see. (about orcs, not attack mats)

Larry Jaques

I had one and like Larry's mine slipped around. I tried few things to make it secure but nothing worked, I could have tried a different one but the well was poisoned.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I tried my golf shoes

So, you like to watch people get hurt, why am I not surprised?

Or enough first editions!

I have yet to hurl any real insults, not worth my time.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

My experience also. I tried my aqua socks with success but then I have to wash my feet another way. (dip into toilet and flush? I'm just starting to look at tubs and may or may not get one. A new furnace and air conditioner and a gas range come first. They are just starting to run gas lines into our all electric community. I wonder what all that will cost?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Sitting on a stepstool avoids the problem as long as I remember to rinse the soap off the floor before standing up.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

There ya go! You could use your toes to erase the skid marks and water line at the same time. Just glue a pumice tip to your big toe.

Find someone to plumb it now, before they get around to putting gas to your house. When they plumbed for my new HVAC in 2002, the extra cost to drop a line for a gas stove or water heater was $200. You might save up to a grand by having a new HVAC installed now rather than later. I opted for attic installation since the crawl space wasn't optimal for it, but there was no ducting to replace since the place had been electric baseboard heating + fireplace woodstove insert. Anyway, the price can go up dramatically when installer demand goes up. My Carrier Infinity 97% efficient gas heater was $6k installed with me putting in the 240v drop to the outside for them and installing my own attic light string. That included a 3T R12 system from Payne for A/C. (Extra grand for Carrier + Puron system) This in a

1450sf house, including 2-car shop.

- The list of Obama administration disappointments would take three rolls of toilet paper to record. --BMF

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Very good, Cletus.

PDFTFT.

- The list of Obama administration disappointments would take three rolls of toilet paper to record. --BMF

Reply to
Larry Jaques

You guys need to get serious and stop applying feeble consumer solutions to what is apparently an industrial problem. Something like this maybe.

Although, my sense is that the real issue is old fart lack of coordination. So you might want to use one of these modified for bath use.

A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall

Do it right. Build it new from scratch, and net-zero. How is that someone you guys call useless can do it and you bozos can't? Less time on Usenet yapping about nothing and more building already!

Reply to
A Hard Rain's a-Gonna Fall

I see you follow and read intently every word I write every day! It's lovely that I live in your head rent free.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

There's supposedly some deal from the gas company if you get some gas appliance when the run the pipes to the house.

I have a heat pump and will replace with a gas furnace and a separate whole house AC. A 2-1/2 ton unit will work. I see new units go for less than $3k that will do the trick. I have 1790' to heat and cool but since it was all electric the insulation is superb. After the dust settles I'll get a gas water heater and maybe a gas toaster!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

spacious accommodations as well!

Reply to