WAY OT: Cordless phone systems

When the wife says "These phones suck, get some new ones." the phones must really suck. I have two old systems, Panasonic & Uniden, and they are both over ten years old. It's time to replace the whole mess.
I need two lines and it has to be expandable to at least 8 handsets. I do not need an answering machine, but if the system has to have one, it has to be possible to disable it.
I'm intrigued by, but not locked into the idea of bluetooth pairing with cellphones.
I was browsing at Amazon, and was somewhat less than impressed by most of what I saw. vTech seems to get good reviews for the most part, but doesn't have bluetooth. AT&T has bluetooth but gets lukewarm reviews. Pamasonic is priced way too high.
I welcome any thoughts & recommendations either on specific systems, manufacturers, dealers, web sites etc.
Thanks
JPB
On 9/2/2016 10:23 PM, rangerssuck wrote:

Look on newegg, I've gotten my past two phone systems there and have been pleased.
Tom Gardner wrote:

We recently got a Panasonic with 4 receivers - because it was 75% off at WM and the old v-tech set quit working on speaker . This one is a model KX-TGE 230 and uses standard AAA batteries in the handsets . His lots of features ... so far the only negative I have is that it hasn't worked well out in the shop , but then the shop has a metal wall between the receiver and the base unit .
--
Snag

Been using Panosonic KX-T5433 system for several years now - no complaints at all
On Sun, 04 Sep 2016 14:29:02 -0400, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

We had a V-tech setup for several years and every time the phone rang, second son lost his wi-fi connection. Replaced it with Panasonic KX-TG395K and had perfect service ever since, and as Clare pointed out, it uses standard AAA bateries.
--

Gerry :-)}
London,Canada