What am I missing? (leaf blower problem)

---------------

I overloaded the vee belt that drives the hydraulic pump I added to my tractor and broke the internal cords on one side. The belt still looked the same and ran straight without a load, but any loading made it instantly roll ~90 degrees and then slip.

The only evidence is that the broken side stretches freely when the belt is bent sideways.

The fix was a new pump of 2/3 the displacement, spinning faster.

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Ever visited

It was at one time the IH Registry

Reply to
Steve W.

My large mowers have 1/8" hard wire bolted to the chassis and over the belt - keeping the belt between the loop of the wire on both sides. As pressure on the belt (from motor or wheels) the belt tends to shorten on one end and lengthen on the other for the start up. Belt jerks are common. These loops are then more like 7 or a z where the bottom bolts on and the vertical section goes over the height of the pulley and the wire bends over the pulley. keeps the belt with some slack on the pulley. And so on.

Martin

Reply to
Martin Eastburn