What is a fair price for this lathe?

13" X 34" STANDARD MODERN LATHE--LOADED!!!

Joseph Schutz

I would say it is woth $27,344.23. Exactly. And not one penny more.

Sorry to be so sarcastic, but this is really a stupid question. The lathe is worth exactly what some one (you??) is/are willing to pay for it.

Standard Modern is a VERY good lathe and this one seems to be in pristine shape, so bid accordingly.

Steve

Steve Koschamnn

My favorite line in the description:

"My secretary/Treasurer, pictured with the lathe, is not included in the sale, nor will she be listed separately"

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Roy J

I turned many parts on S+M lathes at school. They indeed are very nice machines in that they are easy to repair. Their parts and construction are straight forward and designed with the maintenance man in mind. At college we had about 20+ that were 25+ years old. Not worked 8hrs/5days a week, but used (abused) lots by students. Still turning out good parts...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 09:49:49 -0800, Jim Stewart brought forth from the murky depths:

Schwinnnnnng! He can keep the lathe.

-- Remember: Every silver lining has a cloud. ----

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's not a stupid question. Regardless of how great any machine is, it has some approximate market value and it would be stupid to grossly overpay.

Reply to
ATP

I have less confidence than you do that Ebay is accurate in setting fair market prices.

I have seen prices that are unbelievably high and low. The reason I asked this group, is that some of you probably have a pretty good understanding of an average fair market price, that could be a guide for me.

I am aware of the limitations of my personal knowledge.

Joe

&rd=1

Reply to
Joseph Schutz

Her jeans are torn! But she has good taste in safety shoes, those are red wings. The guy should turn on some heat in the place so she could ditch teh fleecy vest, too.

Jim

jim rozen

This is a serious lathe. If the condition of the ways is accurately described, I would say a good price would be anything less that $4000. A used machinery dealer would probably ask between $5 and $6K. JMHO, John

Reply to
JMLATHE