What is it? Set 376

Not correct but your guess is in the right ballpark.

Reply to
Rob H.

Rob

2171 Shelling peas?

CYA Steve

Reply to
Stephen Quinn

So Rob is 2171 an oil can opener and spout?

Reply to
Markem

Nope

Reply to
Rob H.

It isn't for use with oil cans, it's more of a kitchen tool.

Reply to
Rob H.

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

The tool was used for opening the large metal orange juice or tomato juice cans. It would punch a hole in the top of the can by pulling the trigger.

John

Reply to
John

2167 - trigger lock 2168 - wire wrap gun, missing the "nozzle." 2170 - antenna rotator indicator
Reply to
Rich Grise

Geez! Do you people get up at 00:01 AM to answer these things?

;-) Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Here in Germany the Posts shows up around noon.....

Walter

Reply to
Walter Kraft

That's not it.

Reply to
Rob H.

Very close, the first part of your answer is too specific and the second word is not specific enough.

Reply to
Rob H.

Is it for making melon balls? Cutting melons into round shapes for fruit salads.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Michael Kenefick

It isn't for use on melons.

Reply to
Rob H.

It isn't for making fancy vegetables but this answer is not far off.

Reply to
Rob H.

2171. Is this for removing the eyes from potatoes? The slot in the other end of the tool might be for peeling.
Reply to
Dave Baker

That's right! The patent says it's for extracting eyes from potatoes or pineapples, also for removing stems and leaves from apples, etc.

Reply to
Rob H.

Haven't been able to confirm any of the guesses for the machine shop device but the rest of them have been answered correctly, check out the link below for the answers along with a video and some links:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

I just changed my answer for the germination trays to read:

These are vintage germination trays for testing corn kernels. Each farmer saved some of the best ears at harvest time for next year's seed. Up to 10 kernels were removed from each ear and along with a damp piece of cloth one kernel was placed into each of the small pockets (notice 10 pockets per board). These kernels were kept damp and warm until they germinated. Probably any ear that had less than 90% germination was sent back to the crib to be livestock food. Those ears that had 90% and above were shelled and this was the seed he planted. The kernels with sprouts that came out of the trays were fed to the chickens.

I knew the trays were for starting seeds but didn't realize they were used just for testing, one of my friends who was a farmer sent me the correct answer.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.