What is it? Set 469

Makes sense considering the boat is most likely moving. The rope would be in a large arc as it is dragged through the water. So it's useless to measure the rope.. Even if the boat is stopped currents at the bottom would drag out the arc. I've seen this ice fishing with a gabbu for lake trout on Keweenaw Bay in Mich UP and sometimes the bottom current would require a heavier barracuda just to get to the bottom. ;>)}

Reply to
Phil Kangas

There is such a tool? Thats cool! Got to get one!!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

That is very very cool!! Never saw one before!!

  1. Lie
Gunner

There is.

Here is at least one place which I knew where to find:

They have an interesting collection of tools for sale.

Actually -- not that expensive compared to some things.

But also -- does Rob's source actually *want* that tool, now that he knows what it is? Maybe he is willing to sell it to you for somewhat less than the new price. (But also, he may indeed want to keep it, but you can at least check.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Rob, Regarding 2725, I couldn't get a TIFF viewer to work, so can't look at the patents, but here are some John E. Hand & Sons Co. patents, from:

Kerry

c. Patent records, 1911-1952. Box Folder Transfer of Patent # 649771, 1911. 2 11 Patent # 1282075, instrument for taking soundings, 1918. 2 12 Patent # 1614240, nautical instruments, 1927. 2 13 Patent, interference # 63349, "Titterington v. Hand", 1933, undated. 2 14 Patent # 1973808, magnetic compass corrective device, 1934. 2 15 Patent # 1990939, systems for compensating a navigational compass,

1935. 2 16 Patent # 1990940, compensation devices for compasses, 1935. 2 17 Patent # 2069065, compasses, 1937. 2 18 Patent # 2613468, fishing reel, 1949-1952. 2 19 Application, 1914-1915. 2 20 Application, illuminating device, 1945-1946. 2 21 Miscellaneous. Unidentified drawings, correspondence and other records, 1945, undated. 2 22 Patents - NOT HAND, 1888, 1914, 1926. 2 23
Reply to
Kerry Montgomery

Thanks! The patent at the link below looks like the best match, I added it to my answer for this device.

Rob H.

I usually take my own photos or use ones that people send in, but in this case I liked the rivet spacer and just copied the photo from Amazon since I didn't know if I would ever see one in person.

Reply to
Rob H.

Not expensive, either:

Rich