What is it? Weekend Edition 8

These photos were all recently sent to me, the first three were submitted by people looking to identify the items, I've already posted them on my site sometime in the last six years so you can test your memory on them.

These last two haven't been posted on the web site before:

  1. This one is a little unusual in that some people might recommend that its purpose not be discussed in polite company:

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

Michael Kenefick

#32 is used to strip corn from the ears for canning or for those of us who can't bite it from the ear for one reason or another .

Reply to
Snag

It does look like one but it was made for another purpose.

Reply to
Rob H.

Correct

Reply to
Rob H.

Generic sheet metal cutter, ancestor of the nibbler?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

It isn't for use on metal.

Reply to
Rob H.

30: is a wire stripper

31: is a type of hand operated vise

32: has been answered

33: is a home made overhead candle holder

34: is part of an easel stand
Reply to
George W Frost

Thanks. I just now saw "wire stripper" by $OTHER_POSTER, and I wanna change my vote. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Both incorrect

Yes, it's for holding candles but it's for a very particular use, the word 'overhead' could be considered correct but a more specific term would be better

Nope

Reply to
Rob H.

Must not be any scandahoovians here!

How about on the head -- St. Lucys day.

WayneJ

Reply to
WayneJ

Looks sort of like an old seam ripper. May even be a bag ripper.

I use mine as a nutcracker.

Used to remove corn kernels from the cob.

Reply to
Steve W.

Yes, it's a Lucia crown, worn on St. Lucy's day, as seen here:

Rob H.

Nope

Yep, it's a nut cracker

Correct

Partially correct

Reply to
Rob H.

A pee chute for liberated women? ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Wooden speculum for ummmm - you know.

Reply to
Dennis

Correct! Except it's for use by a man who wants to keep his shoes dry. It's called a boot saver and was also used as a cane.

Rob

Reply to
Rob H.

LOL!

Many years ago, I saw an article in Hustler Mag, about some little funnel-thing somebody was marketing to enable women to pee at a urinal; there was a pic (from behind) of some woman standing at a urinal using this little device.

I don't think it ever caught on. ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Rob H. wrote the following:

Reply to
willshak

I only read Hustler for the pictures. :-) First, it would have to be used in the Men's room. No urinals in the Woman's room. Secondly, it would have to be washed afterwards, unless it is disposable. Lastly, unless it was a foldable paper funnel, where would it be kept between visits?

Reply to
willshak