What is the most fun metalworking?

I like cleaning the grease and dirt off and fixing 80 year old military rifles.
Cleaning and fixing 50 year old lathes is fun too.
I have an old machine to clean and fix tonight. It's a hot date!

I like buying, fixing and reselling industrial stuff, because I get variety and exposure to a bunch of interesting things, without the hassle of continued ownership and also I do not mind the extra $$.
Clark Magnuson wrote:

I really like it when I make a very nice torch cut, especially a heavy cut.
I really like it when I'm running a many-pass weld and it's turning out nice, and when I'm done and I really, really like it.
I really like it when I build something and it works as well as I had hoped, first time. Also, when it turns out nice enough that nobody would look at it and say "somebody made that".
John
On Tue, 31 May 2005 19:19:27 -0700, Clark Magnuson

Let's face it, anything 50 years old is fun to tinker with, 'cause even I can figure it out. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

How about that 50 yr old babe on the Bowflex commercial? Fun to tinker with ya' think?

But it's female, so you won't be able to figure it out :)
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:34:32 GMT, "Tom Gardner"

Much better than the teacher Gerry :-)} London, Canada
On Wed, 01 Jun 2005 13:34:32 GMT, "Tom Gardner"

Are we all so removed from our teenage years that we have forgotten the thrill of manipulating that first bra hook. In the dark no less!!
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:42:05 GMT, Andy Asberry

Last year SWMBO broke her arm right at the shoulder joint so guess what yours truly had to develop as a new skill. Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Gerald Miller wrote:

Boy, most of the women I know drop it down and then pull it around so the hook's on the front ..
GWE

That begs the question: "Grant, how many women do you watch while they take off their bra?"
Lane
"Lane" <lane (no spam) at copperaccents dot com> wrote in message wrote in message

the
take
:-)
Harold

Correct answer: "as many as possible..."
Jim
please reply to:
On Fri, 03 Jun 2005 22:00:05 -0700, Grant Erwin

Yeah, but with only the left arm available, even that method doesn't help. Since the break was right at the joint, she spent 6+ weeks wearing a "collar & cuff" sling. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

with
I'm to the stage now that I could handle the hook part of the job, but I'd have to go back to the manual for the next stage of operations!
On Sat, 04 Jun 2005 03:42:05 GMT, Andy Asberry

My best record was 4 hooks, one handed, aprox 3 seconds.
Damn I was good...sigh...the good old days...once upon a time in a galaxy far far far away.
Sniff.....
Gunner

LOL.......I can still manage a 'two hooker' in under 1 second! Ticks SWMBI off no end when I casually brush past her and she's suddenly 'swinging low' ;-).
--
Larry Green

But the damned things aren't as easy as they used to be. It used to be that the hooks were lined up, so you could use two fingers and your thumb, slid along in parallel to the two rows, and pop both or all three of them at one time. Now you can't.
Either that, or I'm rusty. Scratch that...
-- Ed Huntress
wrote back on Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:00:11 -0400 in rec.crafts.metalworking :

    Friend of mine had that skill, and as a "parting shot" after the wedding reception, did that to an old flame of his. She was that odd mix of "the bastard" and "he still cares" ... . Funny, at least to me.
pyotr
see sig
--
pyotr filipivich.

Once went with a girl who needed one with five hooks. I soon learned not to fight with her lest she give me a couple busts in the face - I didn't have the time to chew the fat with her. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Site Timeline