What is this Interapid thing called?

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring internal bores. What is it called?

thanks

Ignoramus32097

I have mysterious Interapid gauge. Looks like it is for measuring internal bores. What is it called?

thanks

I don't know what they call that thing, but I'm very sad to see that can of dishwater next to the box. I thought I'd made a small step toward getting you to drink real beer...

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Ignoramus32097 fired this volley in news:u4SdnbZ9zPiLIlLTnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Looks like a bore gauge for measuring "over and under", perhaps for cylinder boring/honing.

Obviously, it must be set against calipers or a mic first before checking the subject bore.

The only big question mark in my head is what kind of bores go down to

0.375", but I guess it might be used to check valve guides, as well.

yeah... the first answer you got was right -- that is BAD beer!

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The beer came with the building that I bought, it has a big box of beer and a whole cabinet of whiskey, rum etc.

I am not much of a drinker, but this Miller Lite is the only beer that I can actually drink.

Re: Ed, I have to say that I liked your beer, it was pretty good.

Ignoramus32097

The beer came with the building that I bought, it has a big box of beer and a whole cabinet of whiskey, rum etc.

I am not much of a drinker, but this Miller Lite is the only beer that I can actually drink.

Re: Ed, I have to say that I liked your beer, it was pretty good.

Ok, then you're re-admitted to the Council of Real Beer Drinkers. d8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Looks like a device for measuring groove diameters inside cylinders. I'd guess that you pre-set it to the desired diameter with gauge blocks and read deviation off the scale.

Reply to
Mike Henry

"Mike Henry" fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@news1.newsguy.com:

Just "cylinders" in the generic sense of "tubular stuff", or hydraulic cylinders, or automotive, or what?

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Anywhere that calls for a snap-ring, o-ring, oil path, air path etc etc ....

Reply to
Phil Kangas

"Phil Kangas" fired this volley in news:jap51b $u6h$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Yeah, I understood that, but the poster said "cylinders"; and that has some connotations not fully understood by his post.

I fully understand where grooves are appropriate.

My bet is, it's an automotive machining tool, and NOT for hydraulic or other work.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Check this out,

news.easynews.com

Here too,

news.easynews.com

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D= =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

It looks like a gauge for measuring internal o-ring / snap ring grooves.. Last shop I worked we made parts that had a .08 wide by .312 dia o-ring groove, the gauge we had was made by Swiss Precision and had a range of something like .28 - .35 and needed to be checked against a mic or set ring..

Life is too short to drink beer you can see through! ;-)

Reply to
wagewhore

Just 1,075 British Pounds! Crikey

Thanks a lot!

Ignoramus32097

Buy two, they're small.

-- Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling. -- Margaret Lee Runbeck

Reply to
Larry Jaques