What is this vice called?

I have a 4" drill press vice. The moveable jaw has 2 semi circular jaws (the diameter being half the vice width) that pivot to clamp any odd shaped piece. It works really well on round items. I would like to buy another but don't know what to search for.

Reply to
aasberry

If you charge guys to put their dick in it, it is vice. I you put it on a drill press and clamp the work in it, it is a vise.

Reply to
clark

"

"

Then at the very top of the screen, click "images" and scroll through all the photos until you find the one that matches.

I recall seeing one of them some time back in a shop but cant remember any details

Gunner

Reply to
GunnerAsch

My bet's he stole it anyways--and that now it's somewhere in his "shop", probably in a bucket full of other scrap metal items.

Reply to
PrecisionmachinisT

He might have one of these:

There are better pictures of one for sale on a UK website (of course with the British spelling of ?vise?):

(also ?aluminium? jaws for sale there.)

Reply to
Denis G.

Similar..but the one I saw had (2) "tilting" jaws so it would grasp odd sized and non linear work pieces.

And I cant remeber where I saw the damned thing. I do recall seeing it and mentally saying "cool!" after a quick flash of the applications.

Gunner

Reply to
GunnerAsch