What kind of tubing connector is this? fscked up something

This is a part of the Bijur lubrication system. The tubing is really tiny, maybe 1/8" OD. It is used to deliver oil to the head.

When disconnecting the head, I may have pulled the tube too hard and that's the result. It tore off.

What sort of connectors are used in those and how would I fix it once I get it home?

Ignoramus28053

Looks like the tubing might slide over that nipple , nut compresses it on the nipple . Or it might need a plastic compression sleeve . What kind of pressure is on those one-shot's ? Couple of psi maybe ?

Reply to
Snag

--If that internal thread is common like 10-32 you can replace it with a miniature hose barb like this:

steamer

There is a tiny ring..a sacrificial collet that goes on the end of the tubing and when its forced into the hole by the nut..it snugs around the tubing. They are a one-shot and you toss the used piece away and buy a new one. Most "good" hardware stores, and Napa often have these. Ive also found them at Home Despot.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Actually..its close to 100 or more pounds.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

They are called Ferules. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

Ignoramus28053 fired this volley in news:6ZGdnd3O-69r7p_RnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Looks like minature oil gauge line. Mostly they use compression fittings.

LLoyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

It'll be either 1/8" or 3mm. The compression joint will have a brass ferrule around the pipe. You should be able to get them from somewhere reasonably local (my supplier is on the wrong continent for you). If all else fails, you can turn them up out of a piece of 1/4"-3/8" brass bar in a few minutes, DAMHIKT.

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Why did I say that :-(

It'll be either 4mm or .157" !!!!!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

4MM or 5/32", 5/16" or 8 MM seem rather popular on this side of the pond. Of course the fittings the tubing connects with tend to be NPT.

Wes

Wes