What's up with 22 caliber ammo?

Noi need for a fictional film, about a guy finding the grateful HOT babe, and never seems to get hit by all the flying bullets... etc....

Try this Real World documentary about the hobo world, about as real world as you will get to the WROL EOLAWKI scenario....

Cross-Slide

Yep. ANd more than willing to protect "civilization".

Reply to
Richard

never seems to get hit by all the flying bullets... etc....

you will get to the WROL EOLAWKI scenario....

I guess you didn't notice that Eli was blind?

Reply to
Richard

Ignoramus24658 wrote in news:cZadneyFWKopBqvMnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

My wife, youngest daughter and I are all active competitive target shooters. We go through at least 10,000 a year easy.

Doug White

Reply to
Doug White

I read in a camping book that women would be more willing to answer the Call of the Wild if they didn't fear the Call of Nature.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

and never seems to get hit by all the flying bullets... etc....

you will get to the WROL EOLAWKI scenario....

I most Certainly did..... And it makes my point 10X, didn't need to give anything away about Eli, or need to use that to make the point....

The movies make the WROL EOTWAWKI scenarios look WAY more glamorous, and "Fun" than they are likely to be..

I offered a more likely glimpse into the WROL world. Scavenging, fighting, forming alliances, getting killed.. And in the FTRA world, they are scavenging from a functional, living economy, and form only only a fraction of the population... If you plunge the WHOLE Population into that scavenge mode, it will not be anything as glamorous, functional, or rewarding as the world depicted in the movie "The Book of Eli"

I suspect you didn't follow the link I offered.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

That the first thing we point out to ladies when they come aboard for a sail.

Here is the head. Here is how you operate it. After that they are perfectly comfortable.

Reply to
Richard

She was my sister's best friend's younger sister. I saw her 20 years later and we had some real chemistry together but she was married and she didn't let me play doctor again. I saw her later, after I was sober and she wasn't interested at all. Sest lavvy, wot?

Reply to
Larry Jaques

and never seems to get hit by all the flying bullets... etc....

you will get to the WROL EOLAWKI scenario....

need to use that to make the point....

than they are likely to be..

and form only only a fraction of the population...

anything as glamorous, functional, or rewarding as the world depicted in the movie "The Book of Eli"

Correct, I didn't. But I totally agree with your description.

EOTWAWKI, I get.

What's WROL? And FTRA?

I'm not all that hip, I guess.

Reply to
Richard

4 points awarded to Jim.
Reply to
Larry Jaques

Lots of grown men shoot .22LR. NBRA or the like - National Bench shooters use .22LR on a 50 yard line into a 10 target. Varmit hunting small rat like and such are .22LR. 4H shooters use .22LR and Pellet.

Lots of folk shoot .22LR.

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin Eastburn

and never seems to get hit by all the flying bullets... etc....

as you will get to the WROL EOLAWKI scenario....

need to use that to make the point....

"Fun" than they are likely to be..

economy, and form only only a fraction of the population...

anything as glamorous, functional, or rewarding as the world depicted in the movie "The Book of Eli"

WROL Without Rule Of Law

The video is about the FTRA, (Freight Train Riders of America) Basically a Gang of train riders... The subject of the murder investigation, and if you do watch the video, you can learn about how violent, dangerous, and tight of a clan they can be... And that, as I mentioned is a tiny minority, operating just outside of a (relatively) functioning society.

Take the FTRA and the characters interviewed in the story, and multiply by 40X in a SHTF situation....

No one is going to enjoy this mess.... Not something to fantasize about at all.

Back to my OP. Even if everyone is hoarding ammo, the stores should be getting it in, and then it gets grabbed off of the shelves....

It does not look like they are even getting it into the stores, so anyone COULD grab it.

Something appears to be happening to it, between the factory, and the wholesalers.

Reply to
Cross-Slide

I don't have a lot of contact with people who shoot. But, the sense I get is that gun stores simply havn't gotten any resupply of 22 RF ammo, in quite a while. Perhaps you are right, in that the ammo isn't making it to the stores. I've read at least one ammo web site, they say they are manufaturing full speed around the clock.

.

Back to my OP. Even if everyone is hoarding ammo, the stores should be getting it in, and then it gets grabbed off of the shelves....

It does not look like they are even getting it into the stores, so anyone COULD grab it.

Something appears to be happening to it, between the factory, and the wholesalers.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

If this is really what is happening, it sounds like distributers have figured out from recent experience with other calibers that a shortage and the resulting frenzy is good for business. Seems like they are fabricating the .22 shortage by holding onto stock. Once the frenzy peaks, they will start selling again at inflated prices. They know those who are prone to frenzy will continue hoarding more than ever because "you never know when there will be another shortage". People who are driven by fear are easily manipulated by others. Be cautious of those who try to make you fearful.

Reply to
anorton

And the ones who are not "ladies"?

Reply to
John B.

You booze, you lose! ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I guess that's as good a theory, as any other.

I rather resent being motivated by fear. People who say things like "the sequester will cause parents to scramble to find day care, and primay care like flu shots will be unavailable" because we're cutting about 2% of the budget, have seriously lost my respect.

.

If this is really what is happening, it sounds like distributers have figured out from recent experience with other calibers that a shortage and the resulting frenzy is good for business. Seems like they are fabricating the .22 shortage by holding onto stock. Once the frenzy peaks, they will start selling again at inflated prices. They know those who are prone to frenzy will continue hoarding more than ever because "you never know when there will be another shortage". People who are driven by fear are easily manipulated by others. Be cautious of those who try to make you fearful.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

There is a framed picture in the head of Dorothy wearing a NIOSH mask cleaning the head.

The caption says "Gentleman, Sit your bad self down".

Reply to
Richard

I forgot to mention the very dangerous look in her eyes...

Reply to
Richard

Apparently you hang about with some pretty dignified people. When I used the term "not ladies" I was actually speaking of females who were not ladylike. You know, the Scarlet Women or "play-time gals" :-)

Reply to
John B.