What the media is ignoring in Japan

Folks, I have studied this situation very carefully. I have been watching it closely since the late 1950s, and we have a "Perfect Storm" of disaster brewing. This is not a left-wing issue. It is not a right-wing issue. It is a world issue.

A large earthquake off the coast of Japan A large Tsunami (though back in the day, we called them "tidal waves") A leak of atomic energy from a nuclear reactor

Add all of those together, and you can only end up with one scenario. Mark my wors - you heard it here on rcm first. Within the next week, we'll be seeong the return of none other than,,,

GODZILLA

This will be accompanied by large portions of the Japanese people moving their mouths out of sychronization with their voices.

Raymond Burr has been notified,

Reply to
rangerssuck

I believe you are correct. The radioactive discharge from the failed nuke plants will melt the giant ice cube that Godzilla is frozen in at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean and he will soon appear to wreak vengeance upon the nation that has disturbed his slumber.

The entire USS Ronald Reagan carrier battle group has turned and run away like a little bitch dog with its tail between its legs based upon some superfluous story of radioactive contamination in the area.

Why?

Because the US Navy is entirely aware that a full nuclear carrier battle group cannot defeat GODZILLA!!!! I've seen this fact proven on any number of late night cinematic documentaries I've seen on the subject of fighting off a GODZILLA attack.

Pronounce this: Gah-Gee-Ah Ga Kee-Tah

Now you can say: "Look out!! Here comes Godzilla!!!" in Japanese. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

GREAT SCOTT!!! YOU'RE RIGHT. Quick, somebody call MOTHRA.

Paul K. Dickman

Reply to
Paul K. Dickman

Look at Godzilla back away when he's faced with Mothra!

Reply to
Beryl

That is a classic movie. I have it (Engrish dubbed) somewhere around here. It has the two little Japanese fairy girls that come and plead with the Japanese to return the egg. It's a cheese burger deluxe.

Man in rubber suit Godzilla was the best movie monster ever...until

1998 when they screwed up and made computer graphics Godzilla. Without the cheese factor of having the man in a rubber suit trashing miniture models of cities.....well....Godzilla isn't really Godzilla. The cheese makes the franchise. Dave
Reply to
dav1936531

What the producers of that newer Godzilla completely missed was that in most the movies Godzilla was actually the hero not the villian. In fact Godzilla was a metaphor for the Japanese view of the U.S. after the war; An immensly powerful but clumsy beast who causes a lot of destruction but really has a heart of gold. He ends up saving Japan from some larger evil and then retreats into the ocean.

Reply to
anorton

Exactly. Godzilla started his movie career as a total bad guy, but then far more evil monsters, such as Rodan and Mechagodzilla, showed up and Godzilla became a hero. The 1998 computer graphics Godzilla was evil all over again, had no lovable cheese factor, and was totally out of character for the franchise. Godzilla's roar didn't even sound like Godzilla. Good scenes of stomping cars and stuff though. Dave

Reply to
dav1936531

Visit Crackles web site and you can watch a few of the Godzilla flicks. They also have some with Mothra only? Those I don't recall that much.

To see them easier when the site opens select all movies, then a small column opens on the left side, select Sci-Fi as the genre and you will see quite a few. They also have some classics like "The Blob"

Reply to
Steve W.

Doesn't anybody remember Rodan?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Bambi meets Godzilla:

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Godzilla, Anguirus, Mothra, King Ghidorah, Kamacuras, Gorosaurus, Jet-Jaguar, King Caesar, MechaGodzilla, Destroyah, Meganulon, Hedorah, Monster X are all ones I remember.

King Kong, Godzilla, Mothra and Rodan are ones I recall having there own movies with no other monsters. Probably a bunch more that I don't recall.

Reply to
Steve W.

OK, given that the original Rodan came out in 1956, when I was seven, I was very, very impressed - he was seen flying over 35,000 feet at supersonic speed - so, here's a question: Is it theoretically possible, given infinitely strong materials and infinite strength, would it be even theoretically possible to fly supersonically by flapping one's wings?

I remember one famous line - the Japan Air Force guys are looking at movies or radar traces or something, and one of the guys says, "... that big - could it fly?" (even at seven years old, I thought, "Well, duh, of course it can fly - we can see it flying right here!") Rodan had just knocked a jet fighter out of the air, and the only thing left was the pilot's helmet, with a streak of blood in the middle of the forehead.

Wiki has a lot more about Rodan than what I remember; I don't remember Rodan ever encountering Godzilla.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

The problem there is that in the movie the only time the Rodans actually flap much is when they initially take off and when they are destroying objects on the ground. In the air they just seemed to be gliding and banking.

However a couple of Falcon species have been clocked at 150-160 mph while in a dive. The Rodan body is much more streamlined and has a much greater wingspan, however the wings also don't look very aerodynamic. (Yep I have the DVD in front of me!)

The ending of the Rodan movie I have shows them dying in a volcano. But I think it was "Destroy all Monsters" that showed at least one still alive on monster island.

I had one playing a while ago and my nephew complained about "how bad the computer graphics" were. Tying to explain things like claymation and animatronics as well as forced perspectives and model shooting to someone who has only seen CGI stuff for the most part was interesting.

I will say that some of the stuff they came up with for weapons and models of them were interesting. Those big laser and maser dish weapons are rather strange....

Reply to
Steve W.