What Would Be the Standard Practice in This Situation? - 1

OK, just for you, :-) I checked on something, but want to be sure. Is "castor" degrees the same as rake degrees?

Thanks.

Reply to
JWho

Nope. Rake is th' number of degrees as measured between th' angle between th' steering neck (on yer bike) to a vertical line down through th' axle. An example of a zero rake application would be a shopping cart wheel.

Your welcome ; )

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

So what's castor?

Reply to
JWho

Shit, I read that as *camber* for some reason. Both (camber and castor) are typically automotive terms that I don't usually deal with. But yes, rake and castor are measured in a similar manner but on different vehicles.

So if you talk rake to an automotive guy, he'll give you th' same blank stare as a motorcycle frame guy when asked about castor .

Snarl

Reply to
snarl

Castor is that nasty stuff momma stuffs down your throat. Caster is the angle.

I just couldn't resist.

Reply to
Clif Holland