Whatizit?

Whatizit? For details and pictures:

Marty Escarcega

Rotary head with a planetary geartrain instead of a worm?

Statics

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 02:05:38 GMT, Marty Escarcega brought forth from the murky depths:

Rotary indexer for a mill?

- Every day above ground is a Good Day(tm). -----------

Website Application Programming

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I believe it is a cherrying head. I have one very similar but don't know exactly how it is used.

Don Young

With all of the red on it - was it a cutting tool on a 'rock' turning machine ? e.g. turn spindles of Granite or Limestone... ?

Martin

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Model 2 Hoedengragon. Used for indexing plenum bearings and Farely flanges.

Gunner

" ..The world has gone crazy. Guess I'm showing my age... I think it dates from when we started looking at virtues as funny. It's embarrassing to speak of honor, integrity, bravery, patriotism, 'doing the right thing', charity, fairness. You have Seinfeld making cowardice an acceptable choice; our politicians changing positions of honor with every poll; we laugh at servicemen and patriotic fervor; we accept corruption in our police and bias in our judges; we kill our children, and wonder why they have no respect for Life. We deny children their childhood and innocence- and then we denigrate being a Man, as opposed to a 'person'. We *assume* that anyone with a weapon will use it against his fellowman- if only he has the chance. Nah; in our agitation to keep the State out of the church business, we've destroyed our value system and replaced it with *nothing*. Turns my stomach- " Chas , rec.knives

Reply to
Gunner

Oh - Is that oil well pumping mud ?

Mart> >

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Could well be. Though the well they drilled just across from me, Jameson 7 & 3/4 , came in a couple weeks ago. Pure mineral oil at

23,000'

The blow out preventer failed for a half hour before they got the pipe rams unsnarfed and now the entire area is just a slip slip sliding away.

Not a pretty sight when a couple hundred thousand barrels of pure low visc, high grade mineral oil blows though the top of the derrick at

2000 psi

I hear Johnson and Johnson capitalized the project. You can check

for the details.

Gunner

"As my father told me long ago, the objective is not to convince someone with your arguments but to provide the arguments with which he later convinces himself." David Friedman

Reply to
Gunner

Wow - finally hit the pipeline did they ? took a long time in slant drilling

23,000 feet - almost 4 miles. :-)

ex. SLB type myself.

Mart> >

Reply to