cnc plans

Has anyone had any luck purchasing plans for homemade cnc's on the internet? If so, I would like to here from you as I would be interested in how the process of building the unit went for you, time and material wise.

Thanks

Dan

Reply to
Dan

I purchased the hobbycnc.com plans about a year and a half ago. I received a pretty complete book, Some of the pictures and descriptions left a bit to be desired, but for $35 it was a good buy. I purchased all the parts from suppliers that were recomended in the book, and the machine currently sits about 30% completed in my garage.

I will finish it one day =) . I evaluated lots of other plans for sale, these were the cheapest, but I feel I got more than my money's worth. I think this is a one man company, and I don't mind supporting the little guy, especailly when he doesn't try to hide it.

Reply to
ED

Dan,

sounds to me like "ED" is talking about John Kleinbauer site. He sells plans. I've looked at several sites to see whats out there. John's plans are the cheapest. As far as materials, it depends on how much you can scrounge up. The parts that are going to cost are the motors and controller board if you buy them. Lot of guys buy from e-bay for the motors and controllers. There are many surplus places on the net that sell these also, Check around.

I'm going to build my own CNC router. Take a look at this page about cnc machines that I've started.

regards, Bernd

Reply to
Bernd

Look at the new group

alot home builders posting. Al

Reply to
Alan Inness

On the Chaski board, there's a Jim Glass who made his own machine. The thread is on

May be worth contacting Jim for advice!

Glenn

Reply to
Glenn Cramond